Current news

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Feeling sad seeing this old man deteriorate:
https://www.skynews.com.au/world-ne...n-lawn/video/8828f15d26259804bb05f69d1bb75205
One of the last scenes with Joe walking across a lawn from a longer side/back view reminded me of something I noticed watching The Irishman on Netflix. They used all the modern cinema magic tricks to portray DeNiro and Pacino in their younger days' scenes. But what you could see even through all the briliant make-up and technology was LITTLE OLD MAN MOVEMENT and POSTURE. It weirded me out to notice these actors supposedly in their 30s/40s or whatever moving more like Tim Conway's Little Old Man character than world class mafia gangsters.

Read an article about that "wonderful" health care system in Canada. Since they legalized assisted suicide, many people who can't get the health care they need are choosing suicide. One doctor has suggested that they kill handicapped children.

A meta-analysis using 40 seroprevalence studies found the IFR of COVID pre-vaccines in ages 0-59 to have a median IFR of 0.035%. Or survivability was 99.965%.

Quote:
The IFRs had a median of 0.035% (interquartile range (IQR) 0.013 - 0.056%) for the 0-59 years old population, and 0.095% (IQR 0.036 - 0.125%,) for the 0-69 years old. The median IFR was 0.0003% at 0-19 years, 0.003% at 20-29 years, 0.011% at 30-39 years, 0.035% at 40-49 years, 0.129% at 50-59 years, and 0.501% at 60-69 years.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....11.22280963v1

This gives COVID an IFR similar to influenza, at least in the studied populations of 0-69.

The fact that more people died from COVID than influenza seems to be simply due to the fact that there were more infections. IFR = infection fatality ratio. More infections, more deaths for same IFR.

How about that Penn. Senate debate?

Mehmet Oz vs Abby something

....normal
I only saw a part of it. The man isn't up to the task. On top of that he's a liar. His stance on fracking is on tape saying he wants it to go away. That wasn't his stance during the debate and even denied being anti-fracking.
The media is blaming this on his stroke. I haven't seen him in any sort of interview before so I don't know if he was speaking normally or not.
That said if he can't put sentences together he might as well just run for president.
"Goodnight" 🫣

What a pair. Oz got caught several times pushing worthless supplements because he was getting a cut of the profits.
I wonder if that's worse than Trump University. I only vaguely knew of Oz from his TV personality which is one of those personalities that cause me to immediately change channels. I doubt I ever heard the man finish a complete sentence before pressing the remote. He's just got that carnival barker persona.

https://www.google.com/search?q="ca...wC10Q_AUoAXoECAMQAw&biw=1298&bih=607&dpr=1.05

I always assumed he was paid for pushing products, so i wasn't at all surprised. I figured everyone thought likewise.
I had to Google back because all I knew of him was that he came to being through Oprah. So what was funny that when he "came out" as a Republican running for office she had to of course repudiate him. I only read the headlines of the internet links. No need to read past that. That story writes itself.

https://abc7.com/covina-shooting-house-party-homicide/12397923/
This shooting happened 4 houses down the street from where I lived for 27 years. Press/Sheriff's dept. have not clarified who the victims are but as my neighbor tells me there were 30 cop cars responding last night we think it was a cop. My wife had his kids in her preschool class IF it's the guy we think it is.

We moved out because the neighborhood was going downhill...........and my wife insisted we get a house with a pool.

UPDATE: It wasn't the cops house. It was the house next door to the cop. They identified one of the victims and his uncle, also a victim and it wasn't the same family

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back