Custom wood installs in tampa?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where are all the real wood jobs at in Tampa I'm sick of pre finished retail. Why if you build $500,000 home would you put pre finish wood ,all I'm saying is that I can't find a market for boarder work and custom installs its like no one has ever seen real wood flooring before!

Welcome to the site All Floor .
Same problem here with million dollar homes . Just plain Bruce Dundee.

Yuppers, border work is like non-existant here as well. But my fancy is old world plank. That came before your sanded flat floors.

The worst wood I ever had the displeasure of installing was Mullican 3/4 soild beech prefinished. Thank you but no thank you. Ever read their warranty? Its not worth the paper it is written on.

Is Bast flooring still in Tampa? They were doing a lot of custom stairs back in the 90's
Customers look for the beauty in the wood, not the intricate change of directions, and all the people that covered up hardwood floors, it has become more of a fashion, not many want longevity, I don't know why McDonald's drive thru doesn't sell flooring!

Where are all the real wood jobs at in Tampa I'm sick of pre finished retail. Why if you build $500,000 home would you put pre finish wood ,all I'm saying is that I can't find a market for boarder work and custom installs its like no one has ever seen real wood flooring before!

Its really not worth putting a $20K floor upgrade in a new $500K home. That's 4% of the cost and doesn't really add any value on the front end. I think you're better off targeting $2 million plus homes. Decorators, designers, architects.

I agree the market has changed...its also created a new generation of click installers.

Have you talked to Carlisle?

Latest posts

Back