Customer Not Happy

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
One of the other layers I work with laid this job about 20 years flooring work
Can you see what is wrong?
Bit hard to pick :)
GUESS.jpg

Brother, I feel his pain.

Long time ago I had a black white offset much like that one and in the middle of the bathroom, my brain defaulted to matching the "pattern" I dont need to explain more.
It really illustrates how much of this job we do on auto pilot lol

At least it's better than than the peel & stick tiles with red splotches that looked like blood splatter that the used to have in the ER wing of the hospital. Although, I realized that some of it was actual blood spatter, but a lot of it wasn't.

This layer is all go then thinks later
I presume its all glued as he spreads the glue then throws the vinyl into the room
I havent heard from him as only the sales guy asked me if I can see anything wrong

I’ve unrolled a roll of vinyl into glue before only to find a flaw in the vinyl after I’ve dropped it in. Not much you can do at that point but complete the installation. You guys pattern much or are you that good to cut it in on the fly.

I make a paper pattern as I find out its easier to get things parallel just by sticking a piece of masking tape on the corner of the pattern then doing the same at the other end
I find its easier than trying to get a lenght of vinyl to stay on pencil marks by my self
I cut the vinyl in neatly to a long wall then use a wall trimmer on other walls
Also by making a pattern I find it easy to centre the vinyl up in small areas like toilets etc where the vinyl has lines like a timber look vinyl
Saw one the other day from that layer not centered in a toilet, looks stupid

This layer is all go then thinks later
I presume its all glued as he spreads the glue then throws the vinyl into the room
I havent heard from him as only the sales guy asked me if I can see anything wrong
He should have charged extra for custom work. He's obviously quite artistic..... and we all know that deserves some extra money. 😁

I make a paper pattern as I find out its easier to get things parallel just by sticking a piece of masking tape on the corner of the pattern then doing the same at the other end
I find its easier than trying to get a lenght of vinyl to stay on pencil marks by my self
I cut the vinyl in neatly to a long wall then use a wall trimmer on other walls
Also by making a pattern I find it easy to centre the vinyl up in small areas like toilets etc where the vinyl has lines like a timber look vinyl
Saw one the other day from that layer not centered in a toilet, looks stupid
No matter the pattern, I've always tried to center the toilet as long as it doesn't leave a strange grout line right next to the wall or across the door opening. Sometimes you just got to do what you got to do.

Latest posts

Back