Damaged floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charly

last week we had bought a new dining table. The old one had lasted more than 15 years and had reached it's last stage of life. So we decide to replace it and bought a new dining room furniture. While we shifted the furniture into the room the floor got damaged. there is a small crack and it has scratched at some points. How can I correct this? Please help.

last week we had bought a new dining table. The old one had lasted more than 15 years and had reached it's last stage of life. So we decide to replace it and bought a new dining room furniture. While we shifted the furniture into the room the floor got damaged. there is a small crack and it has scratched at some points. How can I correct this? Please help.

cracks can be filled with matching wood putty/filler

you can oftentimes also match the finish with some experimenting with various waxes, polish or floor finish

experiment and practice dicking around with the repairs in an out of the way corner or better yet a closet BEFORE attempting it in the middle of the dining room

flooring guys are pretty expert at hiding little flaws.......IF it's just a little scratch or crack most of the time it can be HIDDEN (not fixed).

A lot depends on how severe the damage, the type of wood, type of finish and lighting conditions.

I do mostly commercial flooring. So when there's a damaged section I've seen guys just re-arrange the furniture when we're putting it back to that row of file cabinets shits over 8" and covers the sloppy seam or the desk is shifted a foot or two to hide a stain or whatever. Just something to think about.

worst case scenario you have "board replacement" and then sand and refinish the entire floor

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back