Deflating the football

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Too much drama for a football game IMO. The nfl asked each team if they wanted to use their own balls and inflate to anywhere they chose between a specific psi. It was up to each team to inflate the way they liked. Sounds fair to me. The pats like it at the minimum, the weather could have lowered it below, that's legit. They're a very good team for last 12 years, and if you look at their turnover ratio during that time it's one of the lowest. Was it due to lower psi and better grip so as not to fumble, maybe. Either way, the nfl will probably step up and start supplying the balls from now on. Just play the game!

My guess was, the Colts went with 13.5 the legal max, the Pats 12.5 the legal minimum. They were inflated at 72 degrees. Outside it was 50 degrees, the balls lost one lb. That put the Colts at 12.5, still legal and the Pats at 11.5 which is illegal.
Or as some players said, the refs don't always use a gauge, sometimes they just squeeze the balls.

Too much drama for a football game IMO. The nfl asked each team if they wanted to use their own balls and inflate to anywhere they chose between a specific psi. It was up to each team to inflate the way they liked. Sounds fair to me. The pats like it at the minimum, the weather could have lowered it below, that's legit. They're a very good team for last 12 years, and if you look at their turnover ratio during that time it's one of the lowest. Was it due to lower psi and better grip so as not to fumble, maybe. Either way, the nfl will probably step up and start supplying the balls from now on. Just play the game!

I kinda like that. Why not let each team inflate the balls and scuff em all they want...... that way everyone would be at their own mercy. Make em use the exact same balls, and don't let them fill em with helium or expanding foam.

The media has really sucked me into thinking this is a bigger deal than it probably is.

I suppose if everyone else was cheating and nobody was really enforcing the rule........ it wasn't cheating. Lets just call em 'alternative behavior studies' Cheating isn't a politically correct term. :D

And for the record, I am not a Patriot fan. I am a Chiefs' fan. I just think that the Patriots have the best coach in the NFL and one of the best organizations. I wish the Chiefs were half that good.

Were the Chiefs the only team in the NFL to beat both the Patriots and the Seahawks this year?

Actually more of a racing fan myself.

zNhOZRF.jpg

sho nuff---who ever heard of cheatin in nascar
I recall a photo of a drag race car that had wrecked. The fuel cell was torn open........ exposing a blue NOx tank that had was somehow welded or fitted inside of it. That stuff wasn't legal for his racing class and I think he got fined. :D

am not a Patriots fan, But I can only assume they are called cheaters because they are a success. Yes, they taped another teams signals. Jimmy Johnson said he did the same thing as the Cowboy's coach and he learned it from the Chiefs. The Giants cheated on the salary cap and had players on their team they should not have had. There are two coaches, Mike Tomlin of the Steelers was one of them, who went out on the field during a game and interfered with a player. The Saints were paying bonuses to players who would hurt another team's players, which Is a clear violation of the rules. And the list goes on. Are not all these teams cheaters too?

We'll all keep watching just like most of the country. Heck I'll admit I've cheated on some things installing carpet.

Latest posts

Back