Dell Inspiron 1200 Laptop

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Follow the Instructions on Post # 11 Hi.. That should fix it ..
Method 1: Allow Microsoft CHAP Version 2

Additionally, because this is an error with the VPN connection you may need to change the VPN properties in order to gain access. While changing the authentication level and encryption settings may help with the receiving end of the VPN connection, the problem may also be with the sending of the connection, which is why you might need to change the protocol for the VPN to connect with the VPN differently.

Hold the Windows Key and Press R. Type ncpa.cpl and Click OK.

Right Click your VPN Connection and choose Properties.

Go to the Security Tab, and put a check on the following two settings.

Nothing shows up for me on the "following two settings"
Can you tell me what boxes are checked? I don't see anything in that box.

Try Method 3 Hi.. Nothing shows up for me either on XP.

default_Sorry56fdg.gif

Nope, tried that secpol.msc comes up with a "cannot find" window.
There isn't any reason for me to even have a network in operation, is there? I can't have two confusers operating at the same time anyway. Can't I just undo the network stuff somehow.

Let me look into it Hi. Do you have Revo Unistaller installed ?
Since I can't get it to connect, I'm dead in the water. I wish there was some way to install REVO using a flash drive........... is there?
I mean can I download REVO onto a flash drive and use the flash drive to install it on the Laptop?
It has a program called 'BackUpDutyLite' that I read that probably shouldn't be on there also.
Is there a way to download REVO onto a flashdrive and transfer that install to the laptop?

Delete all existing networks and create new one.. Let me know how you make out ..
Create a new network? ..........or delete the network and just follow the instructions just set up a new dialup connection?
Do I need a network? ....it's just me.

Delete the network first , and create a new dial connection .. That is a network.. Use the same stuff you have in your other laptop..

If you have revo Unistaller remove all the A O Hell files off your confuser .
Don't use Control panel to do so.It will leave a lot of orphan files ..

If you have a problem just call me Hi .. Always here ..

Since I can't get it to connect, I'm dead in the water. I wish there was some way to install REVO using a flash drive........... is there?
I mean can I download REVO onto a flash drive and use the flash drive to install it on the Laptop?
It has a program called 'BackUpDutyLite' that I read that probably shouldn't be on there also.
Is there a way to download REVO onto a flashdrive and transfer that install to the laptop?

Yes ! Just run it from the flash drive .

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/revo_uninstaller.html13

I downloaded REVO onto a flash drive.
I'll give you this connection info in case it helps. It's from System info from the laptop.

Connect1.JPG

Connect2.JPG

Connect3.JPG

I tried to get my Dell laptop (win 10) to dial up using my external modem and it also came up with the 691 error. :mad:
I always keep my PC logged in to my dialup, so it's once a yer or so that I have to type in my password.
Ya know what, Nick?
When typing the letter 'k' in my password I get a 691 error. When I type in a 'K' I get connected. .........oooooops! :eek:

I'll try it with the laptop my friend gave to me to see how much speed difference there is between the two laptops.

I'd tell you that I'm an idiot ...but we all know that I'm really a rokit scientist that simply don't write all that clear sometimes. My capital K is now in bold.:D

It is password Sensitive .. I would assume a confuser that can run Win 10 would be faster , But not on dial up .. They are only giving you so much bandwidth ..

I know it's case sensitive, I made the password.................. I just didn't write it down all that clear. Kinda like how I type. :D
Nice to get it resolved anyway. I'm on the Dell Insperon as we speak. .........type, whatever.
Both work with the password corrected, so now I know I have two backup confusers. I'm gonna attempt downloading firefox 52 on this one............. what we talkin, 10 hours? :eek:
Thanks a bunch for all your help on this one Nick. I went through all my notes today from my list of passwords and password changes, and discovered a note that mentioned that K was a capitol letter............ dang so frustrating to have such a simple issue mess up getting these confusers functional.
Thanks and Happy New Year to ya buddy.

I tried to download 52 Hi, it just brings you to the latest version.

I'm sticking with Opera till they get their act together ..

champagne-pop-smiley-emoticon.gif

Gotter done did. V52.5.3
I pre-checked and saw V57. It wasn't compatible with XP. Not sure when versions stopped supporting XP, but found support will stop in June.

I meant firefox end date for XP users.
https://blog.mozilla.org/futurereleases/2017/10/04/firefox-support-for-windows-xp-and-vista/
Last year we announced that Windows XP and Vista users would be automatically moved to the Firefox Extended Support Release (ESR), ensuring them continued updates until at least September, 2017.

Today we are announcing June 2018 as the final end of life date for Firefox support on Windows XP and Vista. As one of the few browsers that continues to support Windows XP and Vista, Firefox users on these platforms can expect security updates until that date. Users do not need to take additional action to receive those updates.

We strongly encourage our users to upgrade to a version of Windows that is supported by Microsoft. Unsupported operating systems receive no security updates, have known exploits, and are dangerous for you to use.

Latest posts

Back