Dew Point?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you test your floors and your floor is that wet and cold it will condensate.

How do you treat it?

How do you explain to the client what is happening?

Explain it as when the moisture in the air hits a cold surface at a certain temperature it turns to water. The concrete is colder than the air.
How to stop it is get the concrete temperature up above the dew point. A dehumidifier may also help some.

Daris

Thanks guys,

Thanks you for the chart Ernesto I do have one but this one has prettier colours:D

Those are both analogies I use however what I find hard to explain why it hasnt affected the old vinyl. I explain to them the ingredients in the adhesives of today will not tolerate the high rate of moisture vapor your concrete slab is emitting. The adhesives of old are no longer made.

Daris, you say to try and warm up the slab however what happens when you remove the heat and the slab re-equalises? (there is no HVAC) Will a skin forming mambrane prevent the adhesive from re amulsifying? If the slab returns to its fridgit state will the air above then condensate on the top of the vinyl?

Sorry about all the questions, I have a good basic understanding of this subject but would like your views

FYI, in these instances where there are no HVAC controls I would opt for a different floorcovering and adhesive like VCT or LVT, even rubber. But as you know even VCT can have issues like this. BUT!! There is a cure. Not a very well know cure but an adhesive that will actually set up in water, thats what the owner claims at least. I have not tried it yet, just waiting for a really bad situation.

Benny sent me some of his AquaFlex VCT/Rubber and Carpet/LVT adhesive to try. You can get a sample pack if you can talk Benny into sending half way across the world. :D

P.S. He even sends a new VersaBlade trowel with it

www.FormulatorsOnline.com

Last edited:
Actually I remember his quote now, Benny said "You could actually stick VCT to the bottom of your pool with this adhesive". :D

Latest posts

Back