Dewalt

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
What do think of Dewalt tools? I bought a couple drills a while back, and they don't seem to hold a bit very well. If you hit a hard spot, the bit just slips in the drill. Don't have that problem with my Black & Decker, which are made by the same company.

I had one and beat it to death. Kept on ticking till the charger got fried in a low voltage brownout. I think their tools rate pretty good.
I bought a bunch of drills at an estate sale. Industrial ones with three flats on the shank. I love that type of bit.

I had an issue once with a DeWalt tool, so I took it to an authorized service center about 15 miles away, and they repaired it while I waited, no charge. As a matter of fact, they even replaced the dirty housing and gave me what looked like a new tool. IIRC, it was their roto hammer that quit working for me.

I've got several DeWalt tools e.g. drill driver, impact driver, biscuit joiner, router. Happy with all of them.
Quick story on B&D ownership of DeWalt. When I was looking to buy a biscuit joiner I read a lot of reviews and finally got it narrowed down to the B&D and DeWalt. When I found that B&D owned DeWalt I called B&D and asked if they could tell me the difference. The answer I got was 'the B&D is red and black and the DeWalt is yellow and the B&D retails for $25.00 more that the DeWalt'. The price difference was due to the retail distribution companies.

Latest posts

Back