Diamond brushing

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jl7490

I have ok oak floors I just pulled carpet off of that I am planning to restore. However there is old waffle pad stuck to the floor. I am thinking of using a diamond brush prior to sanding. How risky is a diamond brush? Do they tear up the hardwood much?

Is the old padding dried out and stuck like concrete on the floor which I'm guessing beings it was finished hardwood. Something about the pad and the finish on the hardwood didn't like itself.
I had one where I was using a mechanical scrapper and it just slid across the top of the pad. Out of frustration I hauled off and smacked the floor with my hammer and it all broke off the varnish and then just basically swept it up. I honestly don't know what will happen with the diamond brush. We always just scraped it off with a wallpaper scraper, but wasn't worried about the hardwood as we were recarpeting it.

Is the old padding dried out and stuck like concrete on the floor which I'm guessing beings it was finished hardwood. Something about the pad and the finish on the hardwood didn't like itself.
I had one where I was using a mechanical scrapper and it just slid across the top of the pad. Out of frustration I hauled off and smacked the floor with my hammer and it all broke off the varnish and then just basically swept it up. I honestly don't know what will happen with the diamond brush. We always just scraped it off with a wallpaper scraper, but wasn't worried about the hardwood as we were recarpeting it.

Yes it's stuck on pretty solid. Tried to loosen it with a hammer and no bueno lol. But I just started heating it with a hair dryer and it scrapes right off with a putty knife. I'm not much worried about it staining the wood because if it doesn't totally sand out then I'm planning on using a stain close to that shade of dark red/cherryish color anyway.

Latest posts

Back