Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t1.JPG

Your paycheck was higher every month last year because you paid less taxes ..........yet you still expect the same amount as you got last year? :p

Your paycheck was higher every month last year because you paid less taxes ..........yet you still expect the same amount as you got last year? :p
Maybe some people made more, some less. Then they took away some write offs so its a wash. Its a slight of hand card trick, and the 1% plus corporations get a better break.

No receipts are necessary to receive the automatic personal exemption and go ahead and audit away, it is provided to ever tax payer who takes the standardized deduction and not itemize.

The new tax law also eliminated personal exemptions and nearly doubled the standard deduction to about $12,000 for singles and $24,000 for married joint filers — which will likely result in fewer people taking itemized deductions on their 2018 returns.

“The standard deduction is so high,” said Cari Weston, CPA and director of tax practice and ethics at the CPA institute. “You might not itemize in the future if you were itemizing before.”

Being politics................ when it becomes personal.
https://ctclusi.org/tcp

How about the native Americans just get the entire United States back? :rolleyes:
I live in the largest deep water port between San Francisco and Seattle Washington.
We have been attacked by local Indian tribes. They want to designate the entire waterway from the Pacific Ocean and including our bay, estuaries and another 20 miles up river to the limits of tidal fluctuation.
We are a logging town. I recall in the early 60's, a large billboard with a ship load of logs and the proud words on top that said:
"Worlds largest lumber shipping port"
Yea, we were somebody. :(:rolleyes:
Anyway the local Indian tribes now want it all back. :eek:
The land area mostly includes the water, mud flats and any land mass that is connected to that water. This means, that if your property touches the water............. you have just lost control of your property.
Do you want to add a fence? Maybe put some gravel on your driveway?
Well, if this 'Tribal historical' designation actually goes through................ the tribe would have absolute control over anything that happens in our bays and estuaries.
If approved it would cost $2500 to get an application to ask if you can install a fence. The application would have to be approved by the Indians. The research done on your property would prove or disprove if your actions might interfere or disrupt any Indian historical items.

We are a shipping port. The entire bay has been dredged 45 feet deep to allow for 600+ foot long ships that load logs and wood chips. Our entire city was filled in with dredging materials to create the city. Dozens of mills over the past 150 years and annual dredging of the bay has disturbed or destroyed most of this land claimed as a Historical Indian property.
In our hey day we had as many as 60 ships per month coming and going.............. we were somebody. That was the 60's.
Maybe soon, if the federal "Historical preservation" crap goes through.................. Our city will be the recipient of payback.
That said, I am for the land swap, providing the Indians give up their homes, cars, watches, cell phones, computers, water and sewer and garbage services, boats, batteries and any other stuff the "white guys" created. If approved, they can one more live in their historical grass huts and trade fish for furs and shells.
I have no idea what they are really trying to accomplish with this crap.
Very scary.

That is absolutely beautiful land there Hi. Been there a few time and it is pristine land. So, when the land and waterway was crap, they didn't say a word. Now that the Americans set up the infrastructure, the Indians want it back?

We have family in Gold beach below you. Does this affect them as well?

He makes stuff up Hav. It's in the liberal genes. Ya can't stop it, so you have to just let it go. :D
I'm taking a cue from drump and faux news, pulling shit outa my ass and seeing where it sticks

Last edited:
That is absolutely beautiful land there Hi. Been there a few time and it is pristine land. So, when the land and waterway was crap, they didn't say a word. Now that the Americans set up the infrastructure, the Indians want it back?

I wonder how crappy the land was before the white men stole it all and ruined the ecology of the bay with dredging and clear cutting the forest?

No, this is

just a few local tribes. Gold Beach is safe.

Latest posts

Back