Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Dino in the back. My wife n I drove that car to Yellowstone a few years ago. Excellent car for road trips. Fully loaded it will still do 90 but your mileage will drop down to the 30s. Do the ol double nickel and you will get upper 40s for mpg. Not bad for a car that costs 15k brand new. The only downside to the car is it has one of them CV transmissions like a snowmobile. Floor it at a green light, RPMs go sky high while the car accelerates to catch up with the RPMs. Takes some getting used to but then again so does driving a van if you’re not used to that.
Was that a faux pas and you really meant to say "Jellystone" 😁

My Cad XT5 is a 6 cylinder that will drop down to 4 cylinder when cruising down the open road at 55mph or less. It really bumps my mileage. I got 27.5 MPG driving to Sedona, Arizona last weekend, which I thought was pretty reasonable for such a large, heavy car.

My Cad XT5 is a 6 cylinder that will drop down to 4 cylinder when cruising down the open road at 55mph or less. It really bumps my mileage. I got 27.5 MPG driving to Sedona, Arizona last weekend, which I thought was pretty reasonable for such a large, heavy car.
That's doing pretty good. I'm sure the technology has changed considerably since the old 8 6 4 V8 engine.

They've improved AC considerably. I don't think air conditioning even hurts your gas mileage anymore.... notuch anyway.

The wife n I were in Phoenix this weekend with a rental car (another Chevy Spark) and you know that AC was on full blast the whole time. Never thought I would say this but when we got back to Charlotte, I was cold.

No. Just the gas. 1.3L or whatever it is that they have. I’m used to them now so I don’t mind them at all. I feel you are limited with an EV. Try driving one of them across country without having to plan where TF you’re gonna charge them.

The one thing about today's car engines is how they're able to achieve power and still get mileage.
Does yours have cylinder deactivation? High top they tried that with the Cadillacs back in the '80s and it was a total flop.
No it does not. I specifically chose the Denali because of the standard 6.2L equipment for the trim level. In 2010 GMC did not include cylinder deavtivation on the 6.2L.

While cylinder deactivation does increase mpg, it robs the top of the cylinder of lubrication, which results in early wear, or oil burning. The upper portion of the cylinder wall, from the oil ring and up, are lubricated by fuel. Deactivate that cylinder and there is no lubrication from the ring up, including the valve seats, until the system calls for more power and activates the cylinder again. The result is an engine that begins to burn oil by about 100K.

One little tidbit I learned is that the later models with cylinder deactivation have a hatched feel to the top of the intake. The top of the intake on my 6.2L is smooth.

Every word spoken is a narrative of one kind or another. Even Mother Theresa’s line, “ If you judge people you have no time to Love “ is a narrative for peace. IMHO if we continue to question others behavior more than we question our own, we will stay disconnected. ........So ask yourself an honest question, are my words and my attitude towards others respectful or judgmental ?....... All sides of any issue you can conjure up would benefit if the focus was on less judging. Try it for just a few hours or baby steps ( minutes ) and better yet, let your wife witness this new you and believe you me , she’ll be all over you like Maple syrup on French Toast. Now that’s the connectivity I’m hoping for and the one that will make Mother Theresa blush 😉. ✌️

Every word spoken is a narrative of one kind or another. Even Mother Theresa’s line, “ If you judge people you have no time to Love “ is a narrative for peace. IMHO if we continue to question others behavior more than we question our own, we will stay disconnected. ........So ask yourself an honest question, are my words and my attitude towards others respectful or judgmental ?....... All sides of any issue you can conjure up would benefit if the focus was on less judging. Try it for just a few hours or baby steps ( minutes ) and better yet, let your wife witness this new you and believe you me , she’ll be all over you like Maple syrup on French Toast. Now that’s the connectivity I’m hoping for and the one that will make Mother Theresa blush 😉. ✌
I do not think your advice was well received :(
I love you Mike

Every word spoken is a narrative of one kind or another. Even Mother Theresa’s line, “ If you judge people you have no time to Love “ is a narrative for peace. IMHO if we continue to question others behavior more than we question our own, we will stay disconnected. ........So ask yourself an honest question, are my words and my attitude towards others respectful or judgmental ?....... All sides of any issue you can conjure up would benefit if the focus was on less judging. Try it for just a few hours or baby steps ( minutes ) and better yet, let your wife witness this new you and believe you me , she’ll be all over you like Maple syrup on French Toast. Now that’s the connectivity I’m hoping for and the one that will make Mother Theresa blush 😉. ✌
.... We laboring peons are all good people and I love everybody, even with differing views. You're not right, and I'm not wrong. Well, something like that 😁😁😁
None of us are politicians so my judgment stands. We peons are good people.
I will however, judge politicians and the media. Most of them are not people to love or care about. They have agendas, I don't. 😉
They are destroying our country by being one-sided. I'm not going to love those kind of people ever.
I still hope the New York times is soon owned and operated by project veritas. They are a nasty extreme left-wing spread. I won't tolerate or make friends with extremes on either side.
It will take the media to start being fair to both sides to bring both sides together. A one-sided media keeps us constantly divided.

inciter.jpg

Latest posts

Back