Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
225795941_348452173591407_1406248511773607916_n.jpg

HISTORY LESSON ON YOUR SOCIAL SECURITY CARD
Just in case some of you young whippersnappers (& some older ones) didn’t know this. It’s easy to check out, if you don’t believe it. Be sure and show it to your family and friends. They need a little history lesson on what’s what and it doesn’t matter whether you are Democrat or Republican. Facts are FACTS.
Up until the 1980's, Social Security cards expressly stated the number and card were not to be used for identification purposes.
Since nearly everyone in the United States now has a number, it became convenient to use it anyway and the "NOT FOR IDENTIFICATION" message was removed.
Franklin Roosevelt, a Democrat, introduced the Social Security (FICA) Program. His promises are in black, with updates in brackets.
1.) That participation in the Program would be completely voluntary [No longer voluntary],
2.) That the participants would only have to pay 1% of the first $1,400 of their annual Incomes into the Program [Now 7.65% on the first $90,000, and 15% on the first $90,000 if you’re self-employed],
3.) That the money the participants elected to put into the Program would be deductible from their income for tax purposes each year [No longer tax deductible],
4.) That the money the participants put into the independent ‘Trust Fund’ rather than into the general operating fund, and therefore, would only be used to fund the Social Security Retirement Program, and no other Government program [Under Johnson the money was moved to the General Fund and spent], and
5.) That the annuity payments to the retirees would never be taxed as income [Under Clinton & Gore up to 85% of your Social Security can be taxed].
Since many of us have paid into FICA for years and are now receiving a Social Security check every month — and then finding that we are getting taxed on 85% of the money we paid to the Federal government to ‘put away’ — you may be interested in the following:
Q: Which Political Party took Social Security from the independent ‘Trust Fund’ and put it into the general fund so that Congress could spend it?
A: It was Lyndon Johnson and the democratically controlled House and Senate.
Q: Which Political Party eliminated the income tax deduction for Social Security (FICA) withholding?
A: The Democratic Party.
Q: Which Political Party started taxing Social Security annuities?
A: The Democratic Party, with Al Gore casting the ‘tie-breaking’ deciding vote as President of the Senate, while he was Vice President of the US
AND MY FAVORITE:
Q: Which Political Party decided to start giving annuity payments to immigrants?
A: That’s right! Jimmy Carter and the Democratic Party. Immigrants moved into this country, and at age 65, began to receive Social Security payments! The Democratic Party gave these payments to them, even though they never paid a dime into it!
Now, after violating the original contract (FICA), the Democrats turn around and tell you that the Republicans want to take your Social Security away!
And the worst part about it is uninformed citizens believe it! If enough people receive this, maybe a seed of awareness will be planted and maybe changes will evolve. Maybe not, though. Some Democrats are awfully sure of what isn’t so — but it’s worth a try. How many people can YOU send this to?
Actions speak louder than bumper stickers.

I've watched Gutfeld now and then, but more we lately. Funny guy.
He's done a series of short interview segments with Trump.
It's like a half hour interview in 5 segments. Trumps pretty funny in his own way. It's worth looking at the rest of the segments.

How has your government brainwashed you today?
In Oregon, we even have a .gov website for drought. Isn't that special. Here's the drought BS for our county.
The driest months of the year we have are July August and September averaging 1.58 inches of rain.
I got 2.3 in the night before last. That 30 hour period for surpasses 3 months of our normal rainfall average.
Anyhow, it says 100% of the 63,000 residents of our county have been affected by the drought. Would they be really upset if I called them that I had not been affected even slightly, and I would like my name removed from the list?
We had slightly less rainfall in 1982 that we have right now but we still have 10 days left in our rain year. 😁
Just saying that thist new oregon drought website is BS. We don't have weather data anymore we have weather data and a drought.gov website. I wonder if they get upset if we have a normal rain year this next period
October is the beginning of our rainy period.
Anyway I'm a bit pissed that this website exists and says that 100% of the residents of my county are affected by the drought. That hasn't affected the price of my food the price of my food my work or any aspect of my life. That goes for a large majority of the residents of this county unless they happen to be farmers.
If you see a website ending in .gov......... This most likely a hoax website ran by the federal government.

https://www.drought.gov/states/oregon/county/coos

How has your government brainwashed you today?
In Oregon, we even have a .gov website for drought. Isn't that special. Here's the drought BS for our county.
The driest months of the year we have are July August and September averaging 1.58 inches of rain.
I got 2.3 in the night before last. That 30 hour period for surpasses 3 months of our normal rainfall average.
Anyhow, it says 100% of the 63,000 residents of our county have been affected by the drought. Would they be really upset if I called them that I had not been affected even slightly, and I would like my name removed from the list?
We had slightly less rainfall in 1982 that we have right now but we still have 10 days left in our rain year. 😁
Just saying that thist new oregon drought website is BS. We don't have weather data anymore we have weather data and a drought.gov website. I wonder if they get upset if we have a normal rain year this next period
October is the beginning of our rainy period.
Anyway I'm a bit pissed that this website exists and says that 100% of the residents of my county are affected by the drought. That hasn't affected the price of my food the price of my food my work or any aspect of my life. That goes for a large majority of the residents of this county unless they happen to be farmers.
If you see a website ending in .gov......... This most likely a hoax website ran by the federal government.

https://www.drought.gov/states/oregon/county/coos

I always thought it was interesting how the earth has been here for maybe 4.5 billion years yet we’ve only been collecting data for the past 150 to 200? years and all of a sudden everything is the worst its ever been.

I always thought it was interesting how the earth has been here for maybe 4.5 billion years yet we’ve only been collecting data for the past 150 to 200? years and all of a sudden everything is the worst its ever been.
Not only that,they compare the temps from thermometers in the 1880s to today's computer thermometers and freak out if there is one degree difference in temperature. According to Earth experts, we are still coming out of the last ice age and the temperature should be going up.

They've been recording rainfall and temperature for more than 150 years and I'm sure the thermometers they used to use eons ago were pretty accurate but they didn't go into the 10ths and hundredths. I'm sure that a lot of those antiques thermometers have survived and we could compare them to one made today for a comparison. So let's say that the thermometers they had were accurate. Where were the thermometers placed, in the same place they were 150 years ago? Was there a change in the surroundings in that same location 150 years ago..... I'm thinking maybe they didn't have asphalt parking lots back then. 😁
Were the temperatures recorded on a farm or someplace a long ways away from the city?
They didn't have thousands of monitoring stations and soil monitoring stations and NASA was nowhere near being invented so we couldn't use satellite data to monitor temperatures and we didn't have computers to make algorithms to "smooth" the data.
I know those scientists that monitor this data are pretty smart. I just think the only ones that are allowed to talk have an agenda.
Hockey stick anyone?

In 2009 they started installing a system of groundwater monitoring tes across the United States and recently there have been a lot more of them installed so we are approaching 20,000 of those.
So we have accurate groundwater monitoring data for a whopping 12 years. Groundwater monitoring
How does that fit into your space and time continuum?
I think there's a lot of data that says that there is global warming happening. I have this wonderful idea, let's adapt a little bit.
The government is telling us if we ruin our lives to the correct extent they will be able to construct a great big super duper thermostat to control the temperature of the Earth. If it's an electronic thermostat, I hope it's not powered by windmills. 😁😁😁
Energy Prices in Europe Hit Records After Wind Stops Blowing

That little yellow thing is a bulldozer. It is burying windmill blades used for green energy. Why? Because these blades need to be disposed of and there is presently no way to recyle them. That’s how green energy works!
242037653_5995945117143076_2415254889252408764_n.jpg

I just watched a show o how China planted millions of trees to stop the encroaching desertification of their land and now they’re saying the trees are preventing the wind from blowing away the smog in the cities. WTF. You can’t win.

Latest posts

Back