Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That little yellow thing is a bulldozer. It is burying windmill blades used for green energy. Why? Because these blades need to be disposed of and there is presently no way to recyle them. That’s how green energy works!View attachment 12979

What are those blades made of? Plastic? How the hell can you not recycle them. Grind them up and make park benches out of them if nothing else. Anyway, this is the downside of green energy. Those windmills have maybe a 20 year lifespan. Solar has a lifespan. Only the ignorant think green energy is the savior of the world. Not saying coal is sustainable but clearly burying windmills is ridiculous.

What are those blades made of? Plastic? How the hell can you not recycle them. Grind them up and make park benches out of them if nothing else. Anyway, this is the downside of green energy. Those windmills have maybe a 20 year lifespan. Solar has a lifespan. Only the ignorant think green energy is the savior of the world. Not saying coal is sustainable but clearly burying windmills is ridiculous.
They are typically fiberglass and yes, of course there is bi-product of industry, it does not matter what industry it is.

But let us consider what you are really saying. The argument would be made that why not cut off the whole leg because there is gout in the toe?

Look at some pictures of coal slag MOUNTAINS and ask again if maybe some turbine blades in the ground is so bad.

I’ve seen coal slag mountains. Not all that pretty. But we’re being sold this green energy as being the be all end all when clearly it is just a lateral move. You’re trading one turd for another when the reality is they are both pieces of shit. Not saying coal is necessarily good but how about a little truth in advertising. How about we bury the blades under the coal slag mountains. That way at least you have one big turd.

I’ve seen coal slag mountains. Not all that pretty. But we’re being sold this green energy as being the be all end all when clearly it is just a lateral move. You’re trading one turd for another when the reality is they are both pieces of shit. Not saying coal is necessarily good but how about a little truth in advertising. How about we bury the blades under the coal slag mountains. That way at least you have one big turd.
It is much more than a lateral move. Can you honestly say that you believe that solar and wind, or hydro, geothermal or anything produce, release and are responsible for as much hard as coal/carbon based power generation? Or even close for that matter?

Chevy is warning people of the imminent danger of their electric cars exploding. There is no viable way of recycling the batteries.
Every thing the government pushes just makes things worse. Just like putting alcohol in gas. It takes more energy to produce that alcohol than it produces when burned.

Chevy is warning people of the imminent danger of their electric cars exploding. There is no viable way of recycling the batteries.
Every thing the government pushes just makes things worse. Just like putting alcohol in gas. It takes more energy to produce that alcohol than it produces when burned.
You blame your government for that and their bloody corn subsidies. Who knew we didn't need so much bloody corn!!

Is there a chance if we chop the wind turbine blades up in the tiny pieces we can just burn them along with the coal. Kind of like e85 gasoline. We could have wtb85 Coal

You blame your government for that and their bloody corn subsidies. Who knew we didn't need so much bloody corn!!
Corn oil went from $1.50 a gallon to 18 bucks a gallon when we started adding corn to our gas tanks.
It's funny how industry works pretty smooth until the government steps in and demands stuff, not knowing the end result.

It is much more than a lateral move. Can you honestly say that you believe that solar and wind, or hydro, geothermal or anything produce, release and are responsible for as much hard as coal/carbon based power generation? Or even close for that matter?
I'd love to see an honest, unbiased, study on the true cost, the real environmental damage comparing mining, manufacturing, operation, end of life including repairs of coal power compared with windmills and other forms of green energy.
With our current system about energy production the power output is 100% stable.
Green energy such as windmills has huge issues. When it works it works pretty good, and when the wind stops and blowing like I did in Europe a month or so ago.......... You still need a 100% backup. That right there is the game changer. Over in Europe when the power went out because the windmills stopped turning because the wind stopped blowing...... I think that was like 2 weeks.
They had to purchase power from other places and the recall the number was it was costing people about 10 times as much money.
The high rates they were paying were not because wind power is 10 times cheaper. When somebody's got you by the nuts there's not much you can do.

Can’t argue the fact that coal dumps more CO2 than any of the green alternatives but clearly the green alternatives aren’t as green as many would have you believe. Shoot, maybe given enough time those buried blades will turn into veins of coal that we can dig up and burn again.

If we really wanted to get serious about this we would change our ways but many people don’t want to. You can pay an extra $10/ month on your power bill here and not be hit with the peak power pricing between 3pm and 8pm. So far I’ve spent $50 on a programmable thermostat and at least $100 on LED light bulbs this week alone to lower our consumption. Then you have to factor in the changing of lifestyle and not doing laundry or running the dishwasher during those hours as well. Gotta admit right about now I’d just assume pay the extra $10/ month and leave my life the way it was. Does that seem to sum up the way most people think? How about nuclear power? It has drawbacks but so does everything. It is the cleanest source of electricity out there. Electricity is dirt cheap in the Carolinas and they have nuclear. Was it Denmark?, maybe Finland?, who knows, that is building their nuclear power plants deep underground so if shit happens, well it’s deep underground. How about we all just go back to riding bicycles and growing our own food. I don’t know but it’s all your fault @Mark Brown. Guess what, you’re getting a lump of coal for Christmas.

The problem nobody addresses is more power is needed every single day and will continue to be needed every single day for eternity. There is such a thing as cutting back a little bit personally, but globally all nations, especially the up and coming nations that are just getting onto the grid are going to need power. It's just a fact that were going to need more and more power every single day. We're never going to use less power than we do at this very minute.
Let's just go to nuke power and get it over with. With 100% nuclear power we can eliminate coal completely and have virtually zero emissions. That would make the electric car people happy because now we have electric power that actually has zero emissions.... with the exception and problems with making and disposing of batteries.
This converting to green power and not including nuclear is the biggest pie in the sky idea that people have dreampt up. We need absolute guaranteed power 24/7 and wind turbines can't provide it and if you live too far north where solar power won't work or were your solar panels get totally covered with a foot of snow. I'm sorry but that is not 100% reliable.
In this day and age with banking/computers/information/everything....
.....we need 100% redundancy in case mother nature pisses on us and entire counties please to death.

Last edited:
The problem nobody addresses is more power is needed every single day and will continue to be needed every single day for eternity. There is such a thing as cutting back a little bit personally, but globally all nations, especially the up and coming nations that are just getting onto the grid are going to need power. It's just a fact the need for more and more power every single day music for everything we're never going to use less power in the world than we do at this very minute.
Let's just go to Nuke and get it over with. With 100% nuclear power we can eliminate coal completely and have virtually zero emissions. That would make the electric car people happy because now we have electric power that actually has zero emissions.... with the exception and problems with making and disposing of batteries.
This converting to green power and not including nuclear is the biggest pie in the sky idea that people have dreampt up. We need absolute guaranteed power 24/7 and wind turbines can't provide it and if you live too far north where solar power won't work or were your solar panels get totally covered with a foot of snow. I'm sorry but that is not 100% reliable.
In this day and age with banking/computers/information/everything....
.....we need 100% redundancy in case mother nature pisses on us and entire counties please to death.

So basically if we would have just let covid 19 run it’s course and kill off a bunch of people, the world would have been a better place because of it? Now I’m blaming all vaccines for global warming and increased CO2 emissions. That’s my new motto now: Coal is here to stay but you gotta go.

So basically if we would have just let covid 19 run it’s course and kill off a bunch of people, the world would have been a better place because of it? Now I’m blaming all vaccines for global warming and increased CO2 emissions. That’s my new motto now: Coal is here to stay but you gotta go.
Maybe all people with covid could walk really really close to the nuclear plant and it would kill the covid. See, maybe nuke power is a cure-all. You go first.

Maybe all people with covid could walk really really close to the nuclear plant and it would kill the covid. See, maybe nuke power is a cure-all. You go first.
Have you seen the pictures from inside the "dead" zone at Chernobyl? There were a lot of deer and other animals running around in there and seemed healthy.

biden does.jpg

Have you seen the pictures from inside the "dead" zone at Chernobyl? There were a lot of deer and other animals running around in there and seemed healthy.
They built tolerances to radiation over years of population and migrating ever closer to the epicenter of the meltdown. It is rather fascinating if you look into it.

Latest posts

Back