Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe fast and furious part deux?
Let them finish their internal wars and finish themselves off?
Since I enjoy deep think diving 😜 How much does environment play into one’s actions?

Could an argument be made that a potential well adjusted flooring installer, raised and living in a gang members environment, could turn his or her 😜typical arguments into a bang bang war. Would the two play each others rolls if switched ? …...kinda like Eddy Murphy and Dan Ackroyd in ‘Trading Places ‘ ?

And if we somewhat agree, does that give us empathy? And a different perspective from a typical projection ?

Yes, we have to agree on certain concepts before we can even have intelligent conversation. So what I would claim is that where a pseudo-science of "Gender Studies" pretends to there being more than two genders intelligent conversation is over. You can't argue with insanity.

I like that firm stance and in many ways I want to be there. However is it possible that firm blocks reality? and perhaps 🤔 sanity starts looking less than sane ?

I would agree on two different sex types, but let’s tackle the assumption of a pseudo-science on multiple Genders. Let me start by saying isn’t all Science pseudo ? …..My take : science is based on experiment and observation, and sometimes they fail during the final analysis or outcome stage, because science is complex.

Could science and society be going through an experimental stage? Scientist doing their thing, and society responding in different ways. Could this seemingly crazy Woke philosophy be a necessary process ? ….. didn’t floor patch need to fail before we understood that modification with latex binders was needed.

I feel sorry for anyone with Sex identity confusion right now, because they are exposed to more options, good or Bad ? It’ our reality right now and maybe we could be understanding, because
It happens in nature to our closest relatives the Gibbons Monkey.

Science, within the grasp of our money making culture, is surely going to get bastardized during the process and have a long learning curve. Let’s try some patience and understanding and maybe loosen the grip to medium firm ?

Last edited:
Since I enjoy deep think diving 😜 How much does environment play into one’s actions?

Could an argument be made that a potential well adjusted flooring installer, raised and living in a gang members environment, could turn his or her 😜typical arguments into a bang bang war. Would the two play each others rolls if switched ? …...kinda like Eddy Murphy and Dan Ackroyd in ‘Trading Places ‘ ?

And if we somewhat agree, does that give us empathy? And a different perspective from a typical projection ?
It's hard to mix too much empathy with reality. How long have gangs existed in Chicago, .....since the '50s? It's a lifestyle. They grew up with it and they live with it and often they die with it.
I don't think there's a Martin Luther King type that's going to walk down the streets there and afterwards everybody's going to lay down their arms and hug each other. The only thing that would fix it is some tough love by judges and a whole bunch of new jails. Inside the jails is the only place some young thug has a chance to change.

Inside the jails is the only place some young thug has a chance to change.

I disagree with that statement. I don’t see a lot of positive anything that comes from a prison aside from the fact that those offenders that are in prison are no longer walking the streets, for now. The death of criminals would provide the exact same outcome for society with 0% chance of recidivism happening. Dead criminals are no longer criminals, they’re just dead.

I disagree with that statement. I don’t see a lot of positive anything that comes from a prison aside from the fact that those offenders that are in prison are no longer walking the streets, for now. The death of criminals would provide the exact same outcome for society with 0% chance of recidivism happening. Dead criminals are no longer criminals, they’re just dead.
I don't think jails should be aimed so much at punishment, but more at brain rewiring so those people come out better than when they arrived. I should have elaborated.
The traditional revolving door hasn't performed very well over time.

It’s all about money and nothing will change until a new way of dealing with things is more profitable than the current way of dealing with things. Don’t worry cus you know I got ideas. I’m talkin Pay Per View level ideas!

How about we take the criminals up in hot air balloons and drop them on targets. For a fee you can control the lever that determines where they drop just like the claw machine. Hit the target and win a prize.

Just an example of a lousy DA. David Moyer, in Pennsylvania, was sentenced to 8-16 years for murdering his own 6 week old son. He will most likely serve less than 8 years.
Now a good DA. Here in rural Missouri, a man and his wife do a home invasion. The homeowner manages to break free from being beaten and shoots both of them, the woman dies. The male home invader got 32 years for his wife dying during the commission of a crime.

I like that firm stance and in many ways I want to be there. However is it possible that firm blocks reality? and perhaps 🤔 sanity starts looking less than sane ?

I would agree on two different sex types, but let’s tackle the assumption of a pseudo-science on multiple Genders. Let me start by saying isn’t all Science pseudo ? …..My take : science is based on experiment and observation, and sometimes they fail during the final analysis or outcome stage, because science is complex.

Could science and society be going through an experimental stage? Scientist doing their thing, and society responding in different ways. Could this seemingly crazy Woke philosophy be a necessary process ? ….. didn’t floor patch need to fail before we understood that modification with latex binders was needed.

I feel sorry for anyone with Sex identity confusion right now, because they are exposed to more options, good or Bad ? It’ our reality right now and maybe we could be understanding, because
It happens in nature to our closest relatives the Gibbons Monkey.

Science, within the grasp of our money making culture, is surely going to get bastardized during the process and have a long learning curve. Let’s try some patience and understanding and maybe loosen the grip to medium firm ?
I look at all the various cultures throughout the world today and throughout time and all their various UNSCIENTIFIC ways of understanding the world. The Gender Identity controversy is just another bizarre creation of the human mind that will come and go like all the others. It will not stand the Test of Time because it's utter nonsense.

I look at all the various cultures throughout the world today and throughout time and all their various UNSCIENTIFIC ways of understanding the world. The Gender Identity controversy is just another bizarre creation of the human mind that will come and go like all the others. It will not stand the Test of Time because it's utter nonsense.

I agree we are currently at the bizarre stages with hormonal treatments and sex change surgery, but Gender identity issues IMHO are real. Mother Nature/ genetics sometimes go amiss.

It's hard to mix too much empathy with reality. How long have gangs existed in Chicago, .....since the '50s? It's a lifestyle. They grew up with it and they live with it and often they die with it.
I don't think there's a Martin Luther King type that's going to walk down the streets there and afterwards everybody's going to lay down their arms and hug each other. The only thing that would fix it is some tough love by judges and a whole bunch of new jails. Inside the jails is the only place some young thug has a chance to change.

The Empathy part comes when we realize that we could have been born into the Chicago gain and how grateful we are that we had good parents, friends, teachers, etc. etc.

It’s all about money and nothing will change until a new way of dealing with things is more profitable than the current way of dealing with things. Don’t worry cus you know I got ideas. I’m talkin Pay Per View level ideas!

How about we take the criminals up in hot air balloons and drop them on targets. For a fee you can control the lever that determines where they drop just like the claw machine. Hit the target and win a prize.
That might work but you don't want to have one person pulling the lever. It would have to be something like the 'like' button on YouTube and forums.
You'd have to find a certain percentage and once it's reached.
......bombs away. 😁
11 people were killed in Chicago and 27 wounded.
Did this make the NY Post?
...nah, just another weekend ruckus in the city.

A middle aged WHITE woman was beat up by 15+ black youths.
Did this make the NY Post?
...nah, wrong race.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/pop-cul...n-teen-takeover-chicago-sparks-outrage-online
A nine year old was shot in the back while riding in a car in DC.
Her race was not mentioned so I'm just going to take a wild guess...
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/9-year-old-shot-in-the-back-in-southeast-dc/3330175/
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/9-year-old-shot-in-the-back-in-southeast-dc/3330175

An 84 year old man had just gone to bed and woke up to someone ringing his doorbell.
For some unknown reason, the old guy felt threatened, so he fired a couple shots through the front door, striking the young BLACK male twice, one grazing his head.
Thankfully this young fella just walked out of the hospital under his own power.
I'm not going to justify the old man but it made the headlines on the New York Post while these other articles did not.
11 people most all of them were probably black, died/murdered and an additional 26 wounded in Chicago...
...this is in one, rather typical weekend, yet that didn't make the news.

I wish the news would lose its ridiculously obvious bias and try to heal rather than divide.
Black on black, not a story.
White on white, not a story.
Black on white not a story.
White on black? Oh Dear 😱
....send out all the reporters and some news trucks, 'caise we have an adjenda to fulfill.

You would be incredible to see the media try to bring people together.
.....for that to happen, Elon musk would have to buy out the rest of the media, and we know that's not going to happen. Sad.

Last edited:

I thought you might enjoy this one too. 😁
Once it goes beyond gay, lesbian and Bi............ I think thete are some genetics involved in these people's thinking.
Aside from the aforementioned, I think people are just making stuff up.
I also think it's extremely sad that people need to make their sexuality known on the world stage. Bizarre is putting up lightly.
I feel they're are out there begging for justification. Justification isn't needed for these people. They can put their slippers on one at a time just like everybody else and shut up,
.....just like everybody else has done for centuries.
Why they feel a need to make so much noise tells me how unsure they are of their own life choices.
They're asking for justification because they're not sure of their own decisions. They want societies OK.
That's absolutely never going to happen.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230418-223207.png
    Screenshot_20230418-223207.png
    634.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Empathy part comes when we realize that we could have been born into the Chicago gain and how grateful we are that we had good parents, friends, teachers, etc. etc.
I'm grateful every day. Good parents, good grandparents, great neighbors and a relatively small town. The Pacific ocean is 15 minutes away. A large lake is 25 minutes away. Logging roads, my entrance to the "wilderness", is also 25 minutes away. So we have a sand dunes, lakes, rivers, mountains, and the ocean and the bay....... Everything's touchable within half an hour or less.
Yep, I'm as grateful as grateful can get. I feel so bad about kids that are trapped in cities where its 10 miles of pavement in any direction....
.....and you're still in the city. 🥴
All of society would be a lot better if they lived in a small town like I lived in my entire life.
I think cities, meaning really big cities, will always be a continual disaster. Living in a big city rat race is not something humans were designed for.
For a while in Oregon, kids were taken (not kidnapped) 😁 from the big cities and spent a few weeks in the far Eastern stretches of the state, farm and ranch land.
Those city slickers learned where their chicken and beef comes from. 😁
They also learned what it's like to sit down at a meal with people and they learn what dirt smells like and also a hard day's work.
I'd be scared learning to live in a big city, even for a couple of weeks.
Visiting Mom in Vancouver Washington during the holidays is almost too much for me. The hobbies and chit chat are all about shopping. Lettuce is on sale at Fred Meyers........
....really 😱
Nobody goes anywhere, nobody does anything..... just set and yap.
If you want to take a drive to someplace real, it's well over an hour or two. And when you get there, everybody else in town went there to escape also.
If I drove out to the local jetty (15 minutes away) where the ships come in, there wouldnt be more than than two to six cars in all of the parking areas.
On a sunny 65 degree summer weekend of course, more people would be there.
I'll ramp it up from grateful, to blessed.

Last edited:
Getting mad at the media for not reporting stories you think they should be reporting is like getting mad at McDonald’s for not selling hotdogs.

Hotdogs, like the truth, are out there, you just have to go somewhere else to get some cus McDonald’s ain’t in the business of tryin to make money by selling hotdogs.

I'm grateful every day. Good parents, good grandparents, great neighbors and a relatively small town. The Pacific ocean is 15 minutes away. A large lake is 25 minutes away. Logging roads, my entrance to the "wilderness", is also 25 minutes away. So we have a sand dunes, lakes, rivers, mountains, and the ocean and the bay....... Everything's touchable within half an hour or less.
Yep, I'm as grateful as grateful can get. I feel so bad about kids that are trapped in cities where its 10 miles of pavement in any direction....
All of society would be a lot better if they lived in a small town like I lived in my entire life.
I think cities, meaning really big cities, will always be a continual disaster. Living in a big city rat race is not something humans were designed for.
For a while in Oregon, kids were taken (not kidnapped) 😁 from the big cities and spent a few weeks in the far Eastern stretches of the state, farm and ranch land.
They also learned what it's like to sit down at a meal with people and they learn what dirt smells like and also a hard day's work.
Visiting Mom in Vancouver Washington during the holidays is almost too much for me. The hobbies and chit chat are all about shopping. Lettuce is on sale at Fred Meyers........
....really 😱
If you want to take a drive to someplace real, it's well over an hour or two. And when you get there, everybody else in town went there to escape also.
If I drove out to the local jetty (15 minutes away) where the ships come in, there wouldnt be more than than two to six cars in all of the parking areas.

And that’s the real reason I gotta get the hell outta the desert, it’s not right here.

....really 😱

Yup…

In nature all creatures (well except bugs) need a certain amount of space to flourish. I grew up in the suburbs of New York. Something between city and rural. It was nice, I knew everyone in the neighborhood’s name. Schools, parks, and beaches weren’t overly crowded. Plenty of “woods” to hang out in. It was a friendly place… That was then, now it’s more like the city. Time to get out…😔

crazy behavior, like other forms of insanity don't disqualify every thought or opinion-

Yes, we have to agree on certain concepts before we can even have intelligent conversation.
Thought : let’s discuss the concept of moving deeper and beyond ‘ Right and Wrong ‘ and expand into ‘ Different and Truth, where I believe opportunity lives.

Right + wrong has served us well but could we be bouncing back and forth between both, remaining confined and reactionary, till death do we part.

In hindsight I bet most people who lost their cool wish they had done things differently and so does the victim.

Could the concept of Different and Truth
replace right + wrong for a more expansive experience ?

What’s holding us back and keeping us trapped inside the ‘ right + wrong bubble’
Where one feeds the other, with no escape ?

Try this first and see what happens > Eliminate the opposite word that keeps us reactionary. Bouncing around in a bubble of distress. Use only one word when it applies, and drop the concept of the second word.

Different: unalike, not the same

Truth : ( from Wikipedia) what is in accord with fact or reality. The concept of truth is discussed and debated in various context including philosophy, art , theology and science.

Let’s start today and make a Difference

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back