Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly hope we're having a conversation because it's not intended to be an argument.
I sometimes see things as black and white. I look at the way kids were brought up and the way people behave with each others in the 50s 60s 70s and 80s.....
..... That's my base.
When you compare that era in time to this era in time, the world is totally effed up. In my view it's effed up because of acceptance. It used to be people said no.
It used to be people said you were wrong.
Today, it's go with the flow, everything's okay, everything's great, whatever you want to do is fine, there are no rules today, so just do what you got to do.
That's the total breakdown of society.
Society has rules and limitations.
Once you end rules and limitations there is no society.

Here's why I want Trump to win in 2024.
Throw something at him and he'll throw it right back at ya. He's always better prepared and he always has a response that will make you look like an idiot.

Here's how you end gender confusion.
You have a parent that sets the bar high.
OK, bucko.
"You're going to work hard and make me a proud parent"
This right here to me, seems like a perfect parent.

This right here to me, seems like a perfect parent.
It was pretty good, but perfect ?

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone !
Maybe 🤔 on this glorious day I should go throw a frisbee, horseshoes, corn hole, or some BEERS 🍻 but first, I’m throwing some Koodo's …. My brain gets activated by your brain Highup, thank you 🙏 For taking the time to engage. I’m going to take a break this weekend, I’ll be back selling my God knows what good intentions latter ✌️

PS> Lots of information to process, I’ll do my best and I’ll work on more listening rather than reactions, because my overall feelings from what I read this morning, pre-caffeinated 🥱 was agreeable, but ! 😜

Let’s have a great weekend feeling the Gratitude from lost soldiers and civilians who tried to protect the principals
Of freedom.

Banter is good for the soul. It makes us think. If everyone was you.... The world would be a better place....
....but on the down side, you wouldn't have nearly as much work. Thats way too many rug layers 😁

And the SWAMP wins!!!!!!!

$4 trillion dollar increase in the "debt ceiling".

Where did Congress come up with this concept of a ceiling? Do they actually speak English? I see absolutely no relationship between the word ceiling and what Congress does to limit federal deficit spending.

There is now no doubt that these irresponsible politicians will destroy our currency. It's only yet to be determined how severely and how quickly this plays out.

Bitch should have been hanged as a traitor.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/jane-f...ls-arrest-jail

Fonda said the climate crisis would cease to exist without racism, the patriarchy

Quote:

Jane Fonda blamed men – and racism – for climate change during a conversation at this year's Cannes Film Festival, arguing that without the patriarchy, the crisis allegedly of epic proportions would cease to exist.

If we are to believe that the patriarchy and racism are responsible for all of society’s ills then we also have to believe that the patriarchy and racism are responsible for all of society’s successes. Can’t have one without the other.

If we are to believe that the patriarchy and racism are responsible for all of society’s ills then we also have to believe that the patriarchy and racism are responsible for all of society’s successes. Can’t have one without the other.
She committed an act of treason in 1972 and at the least, should have served time.

Bitch should have been hanged as a traitor.
[QUOTE="Floorist, post: 91855, Jane Fonda[/URL] blamed men – and racism – for climate change during a conversation at this year's Cannes Film Festival, arguing that without the patriarchy, the crisis allegedly of epic proportions would cease to exist.

Both statements ( the bitch one, and the climate change one ) I believe, are very bold statements, passionately spoken in an attempt to make or force order, rather than create order through a peaceful formula.

And not necessary, not helpful, and extremely difficult to prove. WHY ? Because human life and all its many situations are unpredictable and inherently Subjective in nature.

I believe one part of the formula is to change the language around bold statements, by placing two humble words in front that acknowledge life’s complexity …….. ‘ I Believe ‘ 🤔 because !
I believe no one way of thinking or acting is immune to Subjectivity.
✌️

[QUOTE="Floorist, post: 91855, Jane Fonda[/URL] blamed men – and racism – for climate change during a conversation at this year's Cannes Film Festival, arguing that without the patriarchy, the crisis allegedly of epic proportions would cease to exist.

Both statements ( the bitch one, and the climate change one ) I believe, are very bold statements, passionately spoken in an attempt to make or force order, rather than create order through a peaceful formula.

And not necessary, not helpful, and extremely difficult to prove. WHY ? Because human life and all its many situations are unpredictable and inherently Subjective in nature.

I believe one part of the formula is to change the language around bold statements, by placing two humble words in front that acknowledge life’s complexity …….. ‘ I Believe ‘ 🤔 because !
✌️
Jane Fonda committed an act of treason in 1972 which caused torture and probable death to American POWs being held by the Viet Cong. She should have been executed, the penalty for treason. I never met a veteran who thought she deserved any compassion. She showed none for our POWS.
I don't care about order in this instance. I served with a couple guys who ended up as POWs.

This was from a Time magazine interview:

Nearly a half-century later, some veterans still aren’t pleased with Fonda’s actions in 1972. In 2015, about 50 veterans protested her appearance at the Weinberg Center for the Arts in Frederick, Md., holding signs that said, “Forgive? Maybe. Forget? Never.”

Fonda told the crowd she tries to maintain open conversations with veterans, according to the Frederick News-Post.

“Whenever possible I try to sit down with vets and talk with them, because I understand and it makes me sad ” she said. “It hurts me and it will to my grave that I made a huge, huge mistake that made a lot of people think I was against the soldiers.”

……I like the 50 veterans sign, “ Forgive? Maybe Forget? Never ! “
It demonstrates their capacity to understand and maybe forgive, but to remain vigilant and assertive with the message to ‘ not forget ‘ and to learn from the past.

Thanks for serving Rusty and your POW friends. That took amazing courage, conviction and sacrifice to be mentors of Freedom. I was 5 at the start and 13 at the end, and remember the anxiety from watching the news and thinking I could be next in line.

all I’m attempting to convey is how our language influences our attitude towards each other…….Bold statements will generally make emotions higher around topics that could be discussed more functionally by using humility language.

Last edited:
This was from a Time magazine interview:

Nearly a half-century later, some veterans still aren’t pleased with Fonda’s actions in 1972. In 2015, about 50 veterans protested her appearance at the Weinberg Center for the Arts in Frederick, Md., holding signs that said, “Forgive? Maybe. Forget? Never.”

Fonda told the crowd she tries to maintain open conversations with veterans, according to the Frederick News-Post.

“Whenever possible I try to sit down with vets and talk with them, because I understand and it makes me sad ” she said. “It hurts me and it will to my grave that I made a huge, huge mistake that made a lot of people think I was against the soldiers.”

……I like the 50 veterans sign, “ Forgive? Maybe Forget? Never ! “
It demonstrates their capacity to understand and maybe forgive, but to remain vigilant and assertive with the message to ‘ not forget ‘ and to learn from the past.

Thanks for serving Rusty and your POW friends. That took amazing courage, conviction and sacrifice to be mentors of Freedom. I was 5 at the start and 13 at the end, and remember the anxiety from watching the news and thinking I could be next in line.

all I’m attempting to convey is how our language influences our attitude towards each other…….Bold statements will generally make emotions higher around topics that could be discussed more functionally by using humility language.
POWs passed her their soc sec numbers secretly so the families at home could know they were alive. She handed the list to the Viet Cong and the POWs got tortured because of that. She deserves no sympathy. Besides, Americans had been ordered to not go to North Vietnam. She violated that order and they used pictures of her sitting on military equipment as propaganda.

Nice editing job havasu 😉 I would have turned that idea into 2 paragraphs 😉……, maybe read post # 4,870 over again, about how Bold statements miss the concept of subjectivity and complexity of the human experience. Hey ! Check out C.J. ‘s post below, I believe 😜 it confirms this idea in a more concise way.

Why ? Because we add feelings, that take us into directions of positive or negative thoughts. So ask the next time a controversial topic is addressed, am I leaving personal feelings aside and thinking Objectively ? Like everything else in the world ( Ying and Yang) finding balance between Subjective and Objective thoughts is key.

PS> I was not being sarcastic when I said ‘ that makes sense’ because Barbarella and us all would function better if we gave more understanding to each others and that starts by analyzing and Understanding ourselves. In other words, I believe, if we have trouble giving it away, it could be a barometer reading that says “ Hey Fred or Wilma “ it’s time to point the finger ( not the middle one 😝 ) toward ourselves for self awareness / understanding……. So ! Barbarella doesn’t need sympathy, she needs Empathy ! Like everyone does.

Just think for a moment, if the Superintendent gave us any understanding whatsoever as we start the job / life, we could then described it all as GOOD !

I believe humanity would function better if the people who feel and have felt abused and victimized, would step back, think Objectively, give Empathy for the sake of a better future, not for the sake of the perpetrators. Think bigger picture not short term.

✌️

109459-1fdce4b1e8f736ae9efc808badef2da8.jpg

Why ? Because we add feelings, that take us into directions of positive or negative thoughts. So ask the next time a controversial topic is addressed, am I leaving personal feelings aside and thinking Objectively ? Like everything else in the world ( Ying and Yang) finding balance between Subjective and Objective thoughts is key.

PS> I was not being sarcastic when I said ‘ that makes sense’ because Barbarella and us all would function better if we gave more understanding to each others and that starts by analyzing and Understanding ourselves. In other words, I believe, if we have trouble giving it away, it could be a barometer reading that says “ Hey Fred or Wilma “ it’s time to point the finger ( not the middle one 😝 ) toward ourselves for self awareness / understanding……. So ! Barbarella doesn’t need sympathy, she needs Empathy ! Like everyone does.

Just think for a moment, if the Superintendent gave us any understanding whatsoever as we start the job / life, we could then described it all as GOOD !

I believe humanity would function better if the people who feel and have felt abused and victimized, would step back, think Objectively, give Empathy for the sake of a better future, not for the sake of the perpetrators. Think bigger picture not short term.

✌️
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/article-3/section-3/

Latest posts

Back