Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nick, I am VERY involved with my local politics, and was asked by a few dozen to run for mayor in my town, that has a population of 78,000. I don't need the headache but find it ironic that the 460 forms (forms mandatory on all political donations exceeding $99) on our incumbents are in the $40,000-$80,000 range per year, by one of three entities. One is our local trash collector, who just landed an 8 year contract with our city, even though they were the highest bid. The other major contributor is Randall ***** of ***** Homes, who is one of the biggest home builders in California, who just landed a deal to build 2,000 homes in my city, even though they just increased our water rates by 57% because we are running out of water, and the third contributor is a small towing company, who is in the process of trying to finagle themselves as our city's official police towing company.

Yeah, the form 460's will show crooked contributors, but when it comes to IRS filing, they won't show this information, just legal loopholes available to every citizen of the US.

Don't talk to me about bidding on Gov jobs .. I did a high school for half the price of the guy that gets them every year ..
They wanted to investigate me for bidding so low .. I told them to take a hike and investigate the guy who takes the bids ..:mad:

Last edited:
trump.jpg

Don't talk to me about bidding on Gov jobs .. I did a high school for half the price of the guy that gets them every year ..
They wanted to investigate me for bidding so low .. I told them to take a hike and investigate the guy to takes the bids ..:mad:
I did a couple rooms in a state owned mental hospital. Took months to get paid.

Yeah, the form 460's will show crooked contributors, but when it comes to IRS filing, they won't show this information, just legal loopholes available to every citizen of the US.
A loophole is just another word for a 100% legal process, but it's used to imply something sinister. Legal is legal.

I really want to know more about this year long investigation about the Russians interfering with the election. Are we to assume Borislav called Ms. Jones from Alabama and said "you vite for Trump....or else!?"

I really want to know more about this year long investigation about the Russians interfering with the election. Are we to assume Borislav called Ms. Jones from Alabama and said "you vite for Trump....or else!?"
Didn't work that way Hav and i know your smarter than that.

Last edited:
I don't hate the rich-- I don't think anyone here was hating on the rich. I was pointing out that it's unfair to assume that all of the people who are poor/struggling are doing so because they are "lazy", don't work, or made bad decisions. Things aren't like they used to be. It is not as easy to get jobs these days. There are more hoops to jump through (usually involving online applications), the people who do the hiring are often underpaid and have little motivation, and it can take months to get a callback. Wages are lower & things are more expensive.

Just because you guys were able to put yourselves through college while working and get jobs and work your way up doesn't mean everyone can do that. White males statistically get paid more than other people. In my state IIRC a white female only gets something like 52cents for every $1 a white male makes but a black female only gets 30something cents for every dollar a white male makes. Not sure on the statistics for black males, but they get less than white males. Women and "people of color" (poc) also have to have more experience or education than white males to get hired-- usually by several years. There have been all sorts of applications that show gender and race bias in everything from grading school papers, hiring, and giving promotions.

If the new tax breaks had not been given to the rich, the deficit wouldn't be as bad. People are blaming Medicaid and public assistance programs for the huge costs to the system-- but what about all the extraneous expenses for paying our legislators? Taxpayer dollars covering lawsuits/settlements for sexual harassment, vacations, clothes, ministers that shouldn't even be hired by the govt bc it violates the first amendment, etc.

People like Bill Gates have said that if they (the rich) paid a little more in taxes it would greatly help the country. Mind you, I don't think anyone should have to pay more than 30% of their income in taxes no matter how rich they are.

Got a bad headache so I can't complete my thoughts.

I don't hate the rich-- I don't think anyone here was hating on the rich. I was pointing out that it's unfair to assume that all of the people who are poor/struggling are doing so because they are "lazy", don't work, or made bad decisions. Things aren't like they used to be. It is not as easy to get jobs these days. There are more hoops to jump through (usually involving online applications), the people who do the hiring are often underpaid and have little motivation, and it can take months to get a callback. Wages are lower & things are more expensive.
It's also unfair to assume the rich are all the same and none of them pay taxes because of loopholes. Stating anything about "The rich"
about them not paying enough in taxes assumes a lot. We have no clue what any particular rich person pays. Our only knowledge of them is that they are wealthy.
The hatred of the wealthy is so bad that if one of them donated 30 mil to a college, people would bitch about them doing it for the tax write off.

I have always leaned left, except on guns, because I grew up very poor. My father, one of 13 kids, had to quit school after the 6th grade to help support the family. When we were growing up, he worked many 16 hr/ 7 day weeks. I did the same when my kids were little. I started at age 8 helping my dad. The only help we ever got from was programs the Democrats pushed through and from higher wages pushed through by the unions. Both things the Republicans would like to eliminate. The Republicans fight money for education. There is no way in my area that a young person can make enough money to live and pay for college. Many get no healthcare because working for $8-$9 an hour, they can't afford a $120 dr office call and another $300 for lab work. Obamacare did not work, but it was a start. We are the only 1st world country that does not provide health care to its citizens. I have seen people die because of lack of healthcare. My stepson went blind at 30 because he could not see good enough to work but could get no help until he was completely blind and then it was too late. Republicans blocked the expansion of Medicaid that could have saved his sight. I don't like either party because both are led by crooks.

You could always drive north 1000 miles, and get all the socialized medicine you want, provided you are willing to have 6 panels of doctors determine whether you are worthy of having a knee replacement at your age, and IF you get accepted for said knee replacement, expect to wait between 18 months and two years to complete the surgery.

It's also unfair to assume the rich are all the same and none of them pay taxes because of loopholes. Stating anything about "The rich"
about them not paying enough in taxes assumes a lot. We have no clue what any particular rich person pays. Our only knowledge of them is that they are wealthy.
The hatred of the wealthy is so bad that if one of them donated 30 mil to a college, people would bitch about them doing it for the tax write off.
Bill Gates gave most of his money to [seiner moment ]. Who give millions to charity .. And the dude that owns the Mavericks gives a lot of money..

You could always drive north 1000 miles, and get all the socialized medicine you want, provided you are willing to have 6 panels of doctors determine whether you are worthy of having a knee replacement at your age, and IF you get accepted for said knee replacement, expect to wait between 18 months and two years to complete the surgery.
At least you can get the surgery in Canada. Many people in the US can't get it at all.

Latest posts

Back