Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to cherish this cult, then I suppose you support all anti-gay messages?

The Quran cites the story of the "people of Lot" destroyed by the wrath of God because they engaged in lustful carnal acts between men. Homosexual acts are forbidden in traditional Islamic jurisprudence and are liable to different punishments, including the death penalty,
Same things are in the Bible and forbidden. I have studied both. The Christian God destroyed a whole city for homosexual acts.

I don't know if McConnel knew at the time that he was taking $ from Russians and found out after the fact & didn't report it or return the $ or if he knowingly took it. But they traced the $. Not sure why he hasn't been indicted though. A lot of white collar crime gets ignored. I'm pretty sure if they dug more, they would find illegal campaign contributions on the Dem side as well. I think they should go after ALL of them. I think a bit part of the problem is that the NRA funneled $ in to the GOP and the NRA got the $ from Russian oligarchs. It's "dark money". That is some of what they are getting out of Maria Butina.

Rusty, I think that was just the interpretation that some use from the Bible to excuse hating on homosexuals. I think the real problem was that they were violent and rapey. IIRC, they wanted to rape the visiting angel.

A lot of things are taken out of context in Islam as well. They actually follow the Christian bible and believe Jesus is a prophet (rather than the son of God) and hold many of the same beliefs. Unfortunately, as with other religions, it got twisted/perverted to oppress/discriminate. Honestly, ALL religion is a means of controlling people. The people who created it realized that there are some who would do wrong if they thought they could get away with it so they told them that there was the omniscient being that knew everything they did and would punish them for it so there would be no way to escape consequences. Even then, some people still do wrong because they believe they won't get caught by the law and that they will be forgiven by the omniscient being if they just say a few prayers or claim to worship it.

Trump's mother looks like an elderly Donald in drag. LOL. I do draw the line at picking on Barron or Tiffany. I also think people pick on Melania too much.

I thought the discussion was about the Muslim woman who said "Impeach the motherf***er" at a party- not the other guy. LOL.

As for the wall: I'm fine with them improving existing walls and expanding them where it is feasible (and without seizing land from people and/or interfering with wild life paths, butterfly sanctuaries, etc). I just don't think we urgently need more walls or that it is worth what Trump wants for it. I really think it's just an excuse to keep the government shut down.

Meanwhile, I saw congress members trying to appeal to Trump's non-existent sense of empathy/humanity by asking him to read stories/articles about the federal employees affected by the shutdown. I think he wants them to suffer and hopes they will blame the Democrats and beg the Democrats to cave to his demands so they will get their paychecks again. But McConnell could singlehandedly end the shutdown by allowing a vote & overruling Trump on the matter. They could re-open the government withe bipartisan bill and revisit the wall thing later. It wasn't urgent enough to build when the GOP controlled both house and senate.

Even if the wall somehow got built, it wouldn't be done right away and it would not stop illegal immigration. There has been ONE report of a terrorist caught crossing the border and it was the Canadian border. Most of the illegal immigrants are people who came in legally with visas and overstayed. Most of the drugs come through legal ports of entry and airports.

Newsweek and a few other sites had articles that said the draft of Mueller's report says that Trump aided Putin in destabilizing the US. Not sure if that is "deza" or if it's valid.

I will agree that we need to take the $ out of politics. No more buying politicians. That includes with services rather than straight up $. No free hotel rooms, expensive dinners, gifts, etc. I also agree on term limits. Also, anyone who will have access to sensitive materials/classified info should have to pass security clearance background check.

There are people claiming that Mitch McConnell is involved with cocaine coming in from China (because his wife is Chinese & something about her family importing stuff to the US). I don't know if that is just from racists or if there is any truth to it. As much as I dislike McConnell, I hope it isn't true.

If you want to cherish this cult, then I suppose you support all anti-gay messages?

The Quran cites the story of the "people of Lot" destroyed by the wrath of God because they engaged in lustful carnal acts between men. Homosexual acts are forbidden in traditional Islamic jurisprudence and are liable to different punishments, including the death penalty,

I believe in a God but I do not believe in any one religion. Just because religion has been used wrong so many times for wars, bigots, rapists and your random genocides.

Nor do I, but do you think there is any other reason to saturate our political process with Muslims? Once they gain control, we will all either be massacred, or on our knees facing the East, praying to Allah.

Mark my words.

Nor do I, but do you think there is any other reason to saturate our political process with Muslims? Once they gain control, we will all either be massacred, or on our knees facing the East, praying to Allah.

Mark my words.
By that token, we shouldn't saturate our political system with Christians. :p

We are a nation of many cultures & religions. It is unconstitutional to bar people from participating in politics due to their religion- there shall be no litmus test for office. Quite frankly, there are some Muslims I would rather have in Congress than some of the current members who claim to be Christian. I have lived among Muslims and they were nicer than many of the Christians where I live now. So long as we keep a sturdy wall between church & state and don't allow religion to rule politics, then we shouldn't have any problems with Muslims in Congress. There are a lot of misunderstandings and myths about Islam. People confuse some of the cultural problems in the middle east with the actual religion. They are not practicing it the way they should-- just as the Spaniards weren't practicing Christianity appropriately during the Inquisition. Any religion can be perverted and used to oppress & violate others.

If a Muslim swore in to office on the Quroan, so what? People have been swearing in on the Bible for centuries.

Fun fact: "Allah" is just the word for "God". The God of Islam is the same God of the Christian Bible. Think of it this way: The Old Testament was the original story and the New Testament was the sequel. It has some revisions to the older text. The Quran is yet another sequel with more revisions.

Muslims aren't these horrible terrorists they've been portrayed to be on TV and on islamaphobic sites on the internet. Sure there are some bad people who claim to be Muslim-- as with any religion (or lack thereof), but that doesn't mean they are all evil or bad. Not all Christians are like the Irish Republican Army, the Westboro idiots, or the KKK. Equating all or even most Muslims with AlQueda & ISIS is about the same as the former comparison. It is a small fanatical group.

When I lived in Singapore there were Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs, and a small number of Christians. The people were extremely polite & helpful, violence & crime was very low, and people generally got along-- and there were at least 2 million people there at the time. It's not about religion, it's about culture.

Not sure how one muslim is saturating the process. Theres more Nazi sympathizers in there than muslims.
Right now I'm more concerned with an american president consorting with our biggest enemy - Russia. Considering all his election campaign staff are. Going to prison for multiple offences related to Russia.
Dang, even the NRA was kin bed with a russian spy .

Mark my words.
Ask Canadian how well it's werkin' A guy who lives there recently told me our Mexican worries don't compare to the Muslim issues there. I don't have an issue with them, only ones that follow the book to the letter. Don't like that drivers license photo with a burka one bit. If you want to drive, we have some rules that need to be followed.

Not sure how one muslim is saturating the process. Theres more Nazi sympathizers in there than muslims.
Right now I'm more concerned with an american president consorting with our biggest enemy - Russia. Considering all his election campaign staff are. Going to prison for multiple offences related to Russia.
Dang, even the NRA was kin bed with a russian spy .
Let us know what Muller's report said. I haven't received my copy yet. :D
Need to get rid of the Nazi's. Wasn't a Nazi, but hell, I wonder what my grandfathers thoughts were on non-whites. :eek:
Makes me one too because I'm related. ;)
Going to prison? You need to lay off of that stuff whatever it is. :D

Last edited:
Right now the Muslims/Middle Easterners & Mexicans are being hated on the way the Irish & southern Italians were back in the day. People used to warn about how awful it would be if they moved in and "took over" and how it was going to destroy the country because they were all drunken criminals & scum or something. It seems that we always have new groups to hate on over time.

People fear the unknown.

Mike Flynn, Michael Cohen, George Papadopalous, & Rick Gates all took plea deals (well, Cohen is in the process of that). Paul Manafort was found guilty on multiple charges & is trying to work out a plea deal. Other people charged/indicted in connection: 13 Russian nationals & 3 Russian companies, Richard Pined0 (plead guilty), Alex van der Zwaan (plead guilty), Konstantin Kilimnik, 12 Russina GRU agents, & Maria Butina (who is trying to make a plea deal). I think there are probably more than that now.

Nobody hated the legal Immigrants. Just understand, we are being taxed to death and can't even take care of our own. California has welcomed all these illegal aliens and now offer them free food and free medical care. My daughter, who has been working since she was 16 (31 years old now) developed MRSA from her job, was fired immediately to avoid liability, and got stuck with an $80,000 bill for her medical treatment. The social worker asked is she was sure she did not have Mexican blood because if so, her bill would be covered. Being honest, she was stuck from day one through day 10 paying out of pocket. On day 11, the state took over and she was release on day 20.

Zanne, how would you feel if your state shut down all your state aid, all your medical, and gave it to someone who jumped the border a week ago? Would you be OK with this?

I'm just tired of worrying about caring for everyone except our own. S'cuse my french but F the Mooselims and Illegals.

Our country is SO worried about being nicey nicey to foreigners. Shut off all aid to countries, especially the ones who hate us. They don't like it? Tough shit. And build that god damn wall NOW!

Latest posts

Back