Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
m.JPG

Just exactly why are you so against a border wall Zanne??There is a push for those against the wall that they should remove their front doors. Would you like to borrow a screwdriver?

The house passed the senate bill giving border security another billion and a half. Plus its been funded 20+ billion in the last couple years. And there's already plenty of walls.

Do you know how many years it will take to push through all those eminent domain cases. The government does not own the border property and most of the owners are willing to fight. Each individual land owner will have to be sued in court. And that alone will cost billions and then they have to pay for the property. Many ranchers will lose access to the only water available to water their cattle.

Rusty, where are you getting this immanent domain information? It has been in place for 100 years. There is no issue, nor has there ever been an immanent domain issue.

Sorry folks, I just lost my sister a few days ago, so I am going to shut down, log off and quit arguing.

Havasu, I am so sorry to hear about your sister.

When you come back, I would like to point out that if you read my other posts, I am not against border walls entirely. They can help in some situations and I am for maintaining and improving existing walls and am not against building a few new ones in strategic locations. However, what Trump is pushing is just not feasible, necessary, or effective. Throwing up a wall will not negate the need for Border Patrol agents. It will not stop or even slow the flow of drugs because they are not coming through in the places the wall would be built. ICE needs some drastic changes & improvements to streamline processing of documents/paperwork & naturalization side needs some improvements in that area as well. The wall will not stop visa overstays. It will not stop people who come via boat, who tunnel under, who climb over, or who sneak through the checkpoints.

The door comparison is apples to oranges. Doors on houses keep pets in and keep the weather out. Furthermore, there are other methods of entry, which is why security alarms are a good idea as well.

Havasu, I am so sorry to hear about your sister.

When you come back, I would like to point out that if you read my other posts, I am not against border walls entirely. They can help in some situations and I am for maintaining and improving existing walls and am not against building a few new ones in strategic locations. However, what Trump is pushing is just not feasible, necessary, or effective. Throwing up a wall will not negate the need for Border Patrol agents. It will not stop or even slow the flow of drugs because they are not coming through in the places the wall would be built. ICE needs some drastic changes & improvements to streamline processing of documents/paperwork & naturalization side needs some improvements in that area as well. The wall will not stop visa overstays. It will not stop people who come via boat, who tunnel under, who climb over, or who sneak through the checkpoints.

The door comparison is apples to oranges. Doors on houses keep pets in and keep the weather out. Furthermore, there are other methods of entry, which is why security alarms are a good idea as well.
And remember, the Berlin wall was actually built to keep the West out and then was used to keep the East in.

One of the changes that made things worse/slower for immigration was back in 2001 or 2002 when they decided to get rid of numerous supervisory positions. Since certain decisions necessitated higher supervisory approval than was available at local offices, it meant they had to report/request directly to/from someone in DC. This created bottlenecks as well as some communication problems and the supervisor in DC didn't know the "lay of the land" so to speak of the different areas and thus doesn't understand the unique challenges faced or what sorts of resources are available in the area. So sometimes the orders given were not practical for certain locations.

I haven't checked the news yet today to see if anything new happened. My power went out last night and just came back on about 30 min ago.

And remember, the Berlin wall was actually built to keep the West out and then was used to keep the East in.
"the wall" is supposed to keep out the south.......... unless they have made "arrangements" They can come here if the follow the rules. I don't think that was allowed in Germany.
Can we sneak into Mexico to work? ..............No ...and neither can anyone else from any other country. Mexico has immigration rules. Ya think they don't enforce them? How come people here don't want to enforce rules? (Actually they are called laws)

Last edited:
I read a long interview today with the Republican congressman who has most of the border area in Texas in his district. He says building a wall is misguided. According to him, his district is very safe. He says very few people who live there want a wall.

One of the changes that made things worse/slower for immigration was back in 2001 or 2002 when they decided to get rid of numerous supervisory positions. Since certain decisions necessitated higher supervisory approval than was available at local offices, it meant they had to report/request directly to/from someone in DC. This created bottlenecks as well as some communication problems and the supervisor in DC didn't know the "lay of the land" so to speak of the different areas and thus doesn't understand the unique challenges faced or what sorts of resources are available in the area. So sometimes the orders given were not practical for certain locations.

I haven't checked the news yet today to see if anything new happened. My power went out last night and just came back on about 30 min ago.
Trump offered to drop the DACA issue for three years........... even tho that might be past his reign........... Pelosi said go jump in a lake, even if you tax the millionaires 70%..... We won't vote for anything you ask for even if it makes us look like total idiots. No compromise, no nothing if it gives you the slightest bit of positive press. Don't matter what you propose, Don. We will vote against it.
I believe that's and exact quote.............. but don't quote me on that. :D

Rusty, where are you getting this immanent domain information? It has been in place for 100 years. There is no issue, nor has there ever been an immanent domain issue.

Sorry folks, I just lost my sister a few days ago, so I am going to shut down, log off and quit arguing.
I missed this post about your sister Hav. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

Latest posts

Back