Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trumps a documented liar a hundred times over and McConnell is a documented bigot.
If that's the way they want to be remembered fine.
When Ted Kennedy was in office they all worked together.

I really wish they would go back to working together. I got so sick of both parties & their bickering that I am no longer associated with any one party. I had been a Republican, but the division & fanaticism drove me away.

I wonder how different the votes in Congress would be if we took the money out of politics. I think a good number of people who run for office would probably not even bother because I think some are in it just for the $ (and maybe some of the power).

Term limits Zan. That would drain both sides of the swamp and new thinkers wouldn't have any old grudges to settle. I listened to some of them speak on morning shows. They don't seem to be all that partisan. Even better would be to require the speaker must be one of the newest members.

Politics

Trump says San Antonio shows border walls works, despite city being 150 miles from border and having no wall

The Independent The Independent 12 hours

Donald Trump has cited San Antonio as proof that border walls make the US safer, despite the Texas city not having a border wall and being 150 miles from Mexico.

“Everyone knows that walls work,” claimed the president as he addressed reporters outside the White House. “You look at different places, they put up a wall, no problem.

I agree on term limits. I do think that even some of the new ones can come in with grudges. As for the speaker, I think that whoever becomes speaker should have enough experience to serve as president for a worst case scenario. Anyone who becomes speaker should have to pass security clearance first.

I also think that what is happening right now with McConnell blocking things from being voted on (both sides have tried to push legislation to either re-open the government or to at least start paying the people who are currently working without pay but McConnell won't allow a vote). It would take 50 members of the Senate to overrule McConnell. I think it should take fewer. No one person should be allowed to cockblock legislation like that- it's too much power. And you know that since McConnell did it this time, if the Dems ever take the Senate, they will feel justified in doing it retaliation- and that is something I don't want to see. His position is another one that I think should require security clearance in order to be eligible.

I agree that some of the members don't seem to be as partisan. Problem is, we have people like McConnell who are very partisan. Schumer strikes me as quite partisan as well.

Have you seen the stink about the students from some Catholic boy's school confronting a native american veteran? I'm hearing conflicting stories about who started it and what exactly went down. Kids have been vilified & people tried to find their names. One kid in particular has been targeted. His mother defended him & blamed "black Muslims" for his behavior. I've seen some people saying the kids should be expelled, exclude from colleges, and punished harshly. Others have said they are "just kids". Most of the focus is on them and the one boy in particular (who was standing the closest). I've only seen it briefly mentioned that the school took those kids there and that the adult chaperones (at least one of whom is a priest) were not only allowing the confrontation, but were actually participating & encouraging them to verbally attack the old man. IMO, the kids did behave badly & showed racism, BUT they didn't feel it was wrong because the behavior was green flagged by the adults. I think the adults are more culpable & the kids should be told it's not OK to behave that way. I do think people are blowing it out of proportion. It's not like they got violent- they just mouthed off. It's not like the "Proud Boys" group composed of so-called "adults" who randomly attacked people in the streets for no reason.

Keep in mind that there have been some real clowns in high positions in immigration before. There was one GS-15 who tried to ban members of Army Reserves from joining because he didn't want to make accommodations for when they went to do their AR service or if they got called up for war. My father had to explain to him that was illegal. Another one wanted to deport all of the Puerto Ricans because he was too stupid to realize Puerto Rico is part of the US. The District Director when my father was in Spokane didn't realize that Customs agents weren't under the control of INS (at least back then before the reorg where immigration enforcement merged with customs). At that time INS was under DOJ and Customs was under Treasury. The biggest clown of all was Meissner though. Just because one chief says "any agent will tell you" doesn't mean they all agree with her. I've seen Border Patrol agents saying the opposite.

I will say that the way she phrased it sounded more reasonable than what Trump has been spewing. Strategic points with anti-digging tech sounds OK. But I don't know if it would cost what they are asking- no idea what it would cost, honestly. I wonder if they actually priced it out or where the figures came from. I also wonder what the current budget is for ICE, where it is being spent, & how much they could afford to spend on the strategically placed walls on uncontested land that is not in a wildlife preserve.

I still don't trust Fox though. Just as I don't trust CNN. I'm also getting tired of misleading titles from "news" stories. Like, one from the Hill claiming 4 women were jailed for leaving food and water for illegal immigrants. The full story read that the women trespassed on a wildlife preserve without permission, trampling over "pristine" lands off of the official pathways & contaminating the area by leaving cans of beans & plastic jugs of water. I know they meant well & intended it to help people, but it was akin to littering. The title made it sound like the main issue was that they were trying to help immigrants- but it was that they broke the law. Also made it sound harsher than the verdict-- they were charged with misdemeanors.

Last edited:
t.jpg

I can't tell if Giuliani is really that inept/dumb or if he's out there trying to cause a distraction or if he's trying to create the image of Trump having inadequate counsel... He's not doing Trump any favors with his inability to remember what he said and slips to admit things.

Rudy needs to go to a home. I don't think he has a clue what hes talking about. He just likes to talk and be on camera so he feels important.
Now that is something we can agree on. I have no idea why anyone would hire him.

Don't lie to congress or the FBI. Just another liar in the Trump campaign going down. Must be getting harder for trump supporters to hide their head in the sand.

Manifort- Stone go way way back. I mean back to Nixon Look it up.
Poor FBI wasn't even being paid today while arresting Stone.
God bless our FBI.The

Latest posts

Back