Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
0.JPG

I'm still voting for Trump again. Why" ....because I think we still need electric power, airplanes and more than two choices of deodorants and shoes. I hope it's an Sanders-Ocasio ticket to run against him. If they are the face of the Dem party, they won't ever win another election. Kinda sad it's come to this.......... I mean, ..............I might actually change parties. :D
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...snt-starving-americas-children/?noredirect=on
"You can't just continue growth for the sake of growth in a world in which we are struggling with climate change and all kinds of environmental problems. All right? You don't necessarily need a choice of 23 underarm spray deodorants or of 18 different pairs of sneakers when children are hungry in this country."
The idiot doesn't understand economics any better than Ocasio.
So he want's the government to set limits on how many brands of deodorant and sneakers we should have? That's what he thinks.
...what if other countries think that his ideas are as stupid as I think they are ? (and they do) :D

Last edited:
You took that literally when you should’ve taken it figuratively. Why are we having so much resources directed at so much that does so little to help the least among us?

He was using those as examples of excessive waste of resources, that do not help us. No one is going to take away your choices, nor suggesting it in reality. But what we should be thinking about in the messaging there is that when we have obsess more about what we rob in our armpits than starving children in this country, we have a serious problem in our country with our core values.

Climate change
Our admirals and generals are on record as stating climate change is the biggest threat to this country.
Not too many of them are liberals.
30 to 40 years ago, clean air and water was the goal for both parties.

News
Everyone should question everything they see here already when it comes to politics and asked one question when you hear it or see it or read it, who benefits from this?

Last two first. We have very clean water and clean air with the exception of occasional spills or leaks. Those are just gonna happen even when we try our best. Any new manufacturing plant, mill or whatever always has the latest clean air and water requirements.
I went to LA with another family in the early 70's. I remember not being able to see across the city. Doesn't look like that now........... and that's, a good thing. ;)

I'd hope anyone listening to the news or reading it on the internet, including forums like this, do so knowing that things written or spoken are not necessarily fact. Be it FOX or Rush, ABC or CNN............ all the information you get is an opinion to some degree. Rush of course has a known slant to his commentary, but when a major news source reports something, many people take it as fact. Jeff Besos is gonna regret buying the Washington Post to make fake news. The camera's were there. They saw what happened. They reported the opposite of what happened because the kid was wearing a MAGA hat. If it goes to a jury, they'll award him big time. The rest of the news sources ought to be sued also.

You took that literally when you should’ve taken it figuratively. Why are we having so much resources directed at so much that does so little to help the least among us?

He was using those as examples of excessive waste of resources, that do not help us. No one is going to take away your choices, nor suggesting it in reality. But what we should be thinking about in the messaging there is that when we have obsess more about what we rob in our armpits than starving children in this country, we have a serious problem in our country with our core values.

Climate change
Our admirals and generals are on record as stating climate change is the biggest threat to this country.
Not too many of them are liberals.
30 to 40 years ago, clean air and water was the goal for both parties.

News
Everyone should question everything they see here already when it comes to politics and asked one question when you hear it or see it or read it, who benefits from this?

Not much difference between literally and figuratively. Same number of shoes will be needed, no matter if there's 2 manufactures or 2000 manufacturers, nor right people or poor people.
..so do we save the earth by not making deodorant? ....eew. As far as the starving children, anyone can donate to a cause that helps hunger issues.

Wasting resources? The only way we could stop what Bernie thinks is wasteful, is mandating that certain products cannot be produced.
Here's how it works. Businesses do not waste resources. Everything they waste is called profit loss. I live in timber country. In the 1960's people didn't buy 2x4's with more than knots in them. That ugly looking wood became waste and a lot of things were dumped into the old wig warm burners. That was wasteful beyond belief. Today every bit of wood product is used right down to the bark. That wasn't a government mandate, that was hard business learning curve.
I'd love to see Bernies actual list of things that he considers as "Wasting" resources, and also exactly what he plans to do to "correct" the "problem"
Bernie is stating what he thinks and likes. No way he wouldn't want to implement those sorts of values.
Ocasio wants a United States with no fossil fuels including no air planes. What was that New Green Deal plan, no fossil fuels in 10 years? That lady is one real fruitcake. Her vision if enacted would make us a 3rd world country in a single year. She ought to be writing comic books.
https://onenewsnow.com/science-tech/2019/01/12/ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-a-joke

While individuals, thinktanks and special interest groups beg to differ, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) believes mankind's use of fossil fuels is contributing to what she calls “climate change” or “global warming,” and she argues that unless something is done about it, Americans can expect bigger, more powerful storms and other extreme weather conditions.

As a result, Ocasio-Cortez is proposing a "Green New Deal " that involves major investments in clean-energy jobs and infrastructure – transforming not just the energy sector, but the entire economy in 12 years. This is when a report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says people need to get emissions under control – or there's no going back.

12 years? I would love to see her actual to carry this out. plan. (she doesn't)

Not much difference between literally and figuratively. Same number of shoes will be needed, no matter if there's 2 manufactures or 2000 manufacturers, nor right people or poor people.
..so do we save the earth by not making deodorant? ....eew. As far as the starving children, anyone can donate to a cause that helps hunger issues.

Wasting resources? The only way we could stop what Bernie thinks is wasteful, is mandating that certain products cannot be produced.
Here's how it works. Businesses do not waste resources. Everything they waste is called profit loss. I live in timber country. In the 1960's people didn't buy 2x4's with more than knots in them. That ugly looking wood became waste and a lot of things were dumped into the old wig warm burners. That was wasteful beyond belief. Today every bit of wood product is used right down to the bark. That wasn't a government mandate, that was hard business learning curve.
I'd love to see Bernies actual list of things that he considers as "Wasting" resources, and also exactly what he plans to do to "correct" the "problem"
Bernie is stating what he thinks and likes. No way he wouldn't want to implement those sorts of values.
Ocasio wants a United States with no fossil fuels including no air planes. What was that New Green Deal plan, no fossil fuels in 10 years? That lady is one real fruitcake. Her vision if enacted would make us a 3rd world country in a single year. She ought to be writing comic books.
https://onenewsnow.com/science-tech/2019/01/12/ocasio-cortezs-green-new-deal-a-joke

While individuals, thinktanks and special interest groups beg to differ, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) believes mankind's use of fossil fuels is contributing to what she calls “climate change” or “global warming,” and she argues that unless something is done about it, Americans can expect bigger, more powerful storms and other extreme weather conditions.

As a result, Ocasio-Cortez is proposing a "Green New Deal " that involves major investments in clean-energy jobs and infrastructure – transforming not just the energy sector, but the entire economy in 12 years. This is when a report from the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) says people need to get emissions under control – or there's no going back.

12 years? I would love to see her actual to carry this out. plan. (she doesn't)

And we are going backwards towards dirty coal for energy. sigh

https://www.climatecouncil.org.au/11-countries-leading-the-charge-on-renewable-energy/

Trump had a fraud university going as well. He bribed a judge to keep from being prosecuted for it in Florida though.
We can "thank" Jimmy Carter for part of the student loan debt though. He made it so they could charge more than 10% interest AND made it so that student loans could not be forgiven in bankruptcy and if a college or bank claims someone owes them student loans, they can have it withdrawn directly from that person's tax returns.
There was a college that took out loans on students without their knowledge/permission for students who didn't even owe them any $ and then reported to the govt that they were owed $. I remember an article about a young woman who had a full scholarship so her tuition was completely paid off and she owed nothing but the college fraudulently took out a loan & many years later they took her entire tax return. IRS said she had to take it up with the bank, school went belly up & refused to tell her which bank & she was stuck trying to get her $ back without help from the government bc she didn't know who to call.

Looks like Roger Stone is lucky that the judge is being very careful not to give him an excuse to demand recusal. He clearly perjured himself but they let it slide. I suspect he won't be able to abide by the gag order though.
The Trump cabinet member who handled the Jeffrey Epstein case was found to have violated the law while making the plea deal (in that he did not inform the victims of the plea). He cut it down from rape/sex trafficking/pedophilia to prostitution charges & protected other clients of Epstein's from prosecution.

The Patriot's owner getting netted looks like bad news for a lot of people. They are saying there are "bigger names" on the list of offenders.

So you have not listened to your leader about saving "clean coal"? Shocking - and the deregulation of the air pollution and waste from coal fired power plants?
Like deregulating the coal industry back to the stone age requirements or just rolling it back a notch to before Obama set the regulations so high the industry was doomed?

Latest posts

Back