Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like deregulating the coal industry back to the stone age requirements or just rolling it back a notch to before Obama set the regulations so high the industry was doomed?
Ain't no one stopping u from digging your own coal. LOL

..........sometimes it makes you wonder why people worry about Trump's coal deregulation.............. other than bitch about Trump.
https://www.thestar.com/news/world/...employs-fewer-people-than-arbys-analysis.html
The industry has seen the writing on the wall for years now so what's the big deal? ...other than complain about Trump. :rolleyes:
Well cus trump made a big deal about it and his coal donors got some deregulation because of $$$ Calls it "clean coal" ain't no such thing. Ask the miners who are suffering from black lung disease. Then they took away the miners health insurance. Making America Great again!

By the way, I don't think anyone is really "pro-coal" except for the coal miners. The coal miners that have no other good paying source of work in their local.
Do you have the slightest idea how many degrees the earth will cool in the next 50 years because of man if the United States eliminated coal power starting tomorrow? I didn't think so. That's OK, .................because it's not possible to predict that stuff 50 years from now. :D
However,
I do. :D
It's off the cuff, but my answer is absolutely zero. :p

Be nasty if the Earth First idiots ever succeeded in stopping logging though legislation. A new civil war would begin in starting in Oregon.

Hickup again. DP
Coal miners like smokers have known the risks for many decades......... or are you implying they are stupid? If there was a better way to make a living, they would certainly be doing that rather than coal mining. I sure wouldn't want to do it.
I'll give you some time to tell me how many degrees the earth will cool in 50 years after the United States stops using coal. 5 degrees or 15? How about ocean rise 50 years from now?
If you have the numbers, give me the ones from PowerBall. It's over 300 mil! and I will share it. ;)

Last edited:
I might add....... who would not want 100% renewable energy? I just don't want to pay 25 cents per KW for a government subsidized industry. They ought to be able to stand on their own two feet by now. The industry wasn't thought up 2 years ago.
We had a test wind farm on the coast 25 miles south of here in 1974. 14 or so windmills
..............and 45 years later they still cant figure it out?
Wean them off the subsidies and let them compete so they can get the price down.

Last edited:
Funny if we are less than 10% renewable energy by now and Ms Cortez thinks we can be 100% in 10 years. Makes her the most vocal idiot in the US. I do not want what she is smoking.
https://www.solarpowerworldonline.c...han-nuclear-power-in-over-half-of-u-s-states/

When the industry says "renewable" resources, here's what they mean.
"bio fuel" requires burning wood. Hydro means using dams for generation.
People are tearing down dams, not building new ones, so how come environmentalists use dams as propaganda as "renewable " ? They hate dams!
People can't use wood heating in residential areas because it pollutes, so how come they include wood as a renewable? They hate wood! I can feel the carbon footprints crawlin' on my skin just thinkin' 'bout that nasty wood smoke. :D
Those two items reduce the so called "renewable" sources by 10 percent.

OK, so we are at 10 percent solar and wind right now....................... uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh, stop that madness and spend money on the safest way to use then store and re-use nuclear fuel.
Takes up very little space compared to solar and wind............ and it's record is nearly flawless............... don't bring up Chernobyl. It was a flawed design known to all and the Ruskies took a stupid chance that proved everyone was right.
3 Mile? A man made mistake by a controller overriding a warning. That was a lesson to learn. How may instances since them worldwide? One? what was the cause? Stupidity and a huge earthquake and tsunami.

Renewables (total) 687 17.0%
Hydropower 300 7.4%
Wind 254 6.3%
Biomass (total) 63 1.6%
Wood 41 1.0%
Landfill gas 12 0.3%
Municipal solid waste (biogenic) 7 0.2%
Other biomass waste 3 0.1%
Solar (total) 53 1.3%
Photovoltaic 50 1.2%
Solar thermal 3 0.1%
Geothermal 16 0.4%
Pumped storage hydropower3 -6 -0.2%

We're all gonna die anyway and I want to be warm up and until that point. Global cooling scares me.

Last edited:
That data was from government sources.
https://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=427&t=3
So in 45 years we've gone from zero to 10% renewables? .......and in 10 years some idiot proposes 100% renewable in the next 10 years................. and no gas cars, trains, ships or air traffic?
......while the rest of the world still has all that stuff? :rolleyes:
Idiot in the dictionary needs another, much stronger word following it. Ocazio/Ocazio-follower
I can't believe anyone takes her seriously. ........and she thought maybe she would be a teacher? Oh Lordy. :rolleyes:

Can we get a rambling block on here admin so posters don't fill up an entire pageat once without a response? LOL

DP = double penetration? :p (JK, I know it means double post).

So, that chick with the initials AOC was spouting off about her "new green deal" and scientists called her out and said it's NOT a good idea. I think she means well, I really do, but she sounds like a teenager to me & there seems to be some Dunning-Kruger going on with her.

0.jpg

DP = double penetration? :p (JK, I know it means double post).

So, that chick with the initials AOC was spouting off about her "new green deal" and scientists called her out and said it's NOT a good idea. I think she means well, I really do, but she sounds like a teenager to me & there seems to be some Dunning-Kruger going on with her.
LOL, I DP a lot because of my internet service. Nobody else seems to have problems.
Can't for the life of me seeing anyone with a brain following the AOC Green Deal. Democrats pushing for faster "green" initiative is believable, but she's acting like a 3rd grader. You cannot disrupt the lives and livelihoods of every US citizen by eliminating gasoline and heating oil, coal power and everything fossil. She hasn't slightly thought this through. What she wants would cost 10's of trillions of dollars over the next ten years. She says it will provide jobs......... green jobs. Sure, tax payer funded green jobs. Who's ya think is gonna pay for dat? :rolleyes:Can you inagine high speed rail going over the rockies in the winter? How 'bout the Orient express going across the ocean. They would have to come here by rail too. Calling her friggin stupid is being polite.

I will admit that Trump and Un make a cute couple.
Better tan any US president to date........... because there have never been any US/NK relationships that have ever gotten close to this point. ..............regardless of the outcome, Trump is the first President to actually be trying.
He has two choices.............. he's already threatened Kim with "fire and fury"............. that led us to the point of talks.
If you were a good salesman, would you risk these talks with another "fire and fury" match, or do a "good cop" routine? Anyone who thinks Trump bis a best buddy of Kim has a few cells missing. It's a game to get the outcome that he wants............... and you know Trumps ego wants this to work out. He's gonna smooze and schmooze Kim on camera in hopes it make Kim feel good and less threatened.
The TV images have nothing to do with Trumps real thought about Kim.

You missed what I said completely. Trump is playing good cop on camera. A ploy to let Kim to do what is right. Trump isn't in no way, now how, gonna drop sanctions on a simple promise from the little fat boy. Kim has to believe it will make him look good to hos own people, and that's why Trump has done a buddy buddy routine on camera.
Other presidents have fallen for that more than once. You don't think Trump knows the history?
Everyone in the world knows Kim's promises are for suckers. Nobody has gotten this far, yet everyone makes Trumps efforts into something not worthwhile. Why? ......because they are scared a republican might make good on this?
I would expect everyone would hope for the best. Democrats however hope that it won't work. So sad politics have come to this.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back