Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched most of an hour of the John Lewis funeral. Didn't really know that much about him other than the Selma Bridge March, so what the heck, might be interesting to a hear a bit about him.
...about then, Obama took stage, so now I absolutely had to watch. I wasn't sure how long it would be until this became an anti Trump eulogy and/or a Biden rally. Obama was doing good for almost a half hour before my prediction was realized. That kind of stuff even with John's history should bee off limits..... just tacky for a funeral. Not s bit surprised.

49462911-3d-people-man-person-with-big-wrench-.jpg

During the Katrina Hurricane, I drove over the Selma Bridge numerous times. Yes, it may be bad history, but history nonetheless. I'm wondering when Antifa will blow this up? Oh, I also visited the motel where MLK was gunned down. Yes, very moving but ugly history. Is Antifa going to burn this down as well?
Asking for a friend....

You're a 19 year old kid.
You are critically wounded and dying in the jungle somewhere in the Central Highlands of Viet Nam .
Its November 14, 1965 . LZ (landing zone) X-ray.
Your unit is outnumbered 8-1 and the enemy fire is so intense from 100 yards away, that your CO (commanding officer) has ordered the MedEvac helicopters to stop coming in.
You're lying there, listening to the enemy machine guns and you know you're not getting out.
Your family is half way around the world, 12,000 miles away, and you'll never see them again.
As the world starts to fade in and out, you know this is the day.
Then - over the machine gun noise - you faintly hear that sound of a helicopter.
You look up to see a Huey coming in. But.. It doesn't seem real because no MedEvac markings are on it.
Captain Ed Freeman is coming in for you.
He's not MedEvac so it's not his job, but he heard the radio call and decided he's
flying his Huey down into the machine gun fire anyway.
Even after the MedEvacs were ordered not to come. He's coming anyway.
And he drops it in and sits there in the machine gun fire, as they load 3 of you at a time on board.
Then he flies you up and out through the gunfire to the doctors and nurses and safety. And, he kept coming back!! 13 more times!!
Until all the wounded were out. No one knew until the mission was over that the Captain had been hit 4 times in the legs and left arm.
He took 29 of you and your buddies out that day. Some would not have made it without the Captain and his Huey.
Medal of Honor Recipient, Captain Ed Freeman, United States Army, died at the age of 81, in Boise, Idaho.
I bet you didn't hear about this hero's passing,Medal of Honor Winner Captain Ed Freeman.

So tired of blaming Trump.
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pence-cuomo-coronavirus-poor-decisions-cost-livesWhat I'd like to know is how is the panemic spreading?
Not social distancing?
Not wearing masks?
Not washing hands?
Not using hand sanitizer?
All the news does is pump out numbers.
I would assume that people that test positive are asked questions such as I just mentioned.
If we knew the most common reasons, it would be helpful.

Before he was elected in 2012, there was no deputy on duty on Sundays. He rented some of the new jail cells to Kansas City. Kansas city pays all expenses and pays the county $200,000 a year. He has got a bunch of grants. Now there are at least two deputies on at all times. He runs 6-10 CCW classes a year. He says that anyone who can carry legally should carry. Crime is way down. He asks the public for help finding some of the criminals and then thanks them.

SACRAMENTO – Without hesitation or debate, the California Assembly voted overwhelmingly today to set up a fund using tax-payer dollars to give minors and adults cross-sex hormones and surgeries that will permanently destroy their reproductive systems.

According to author Assemblyman Miguel Santiago (D) Los Angeles, AB 2218 establishes an “LGBT Transgender Wellness Fund,” to provide grants to nonprofits, hospitals, health care clinics (like Planned Parenthood), and other medical providers that supply puberty blockers and cross-sex hormones for minors, as well as cross-sex hormones and “sex-change” operations for adults. Originally the bill asked for $15 million to start the fund, but that amount was recently removed from the bill text. Now the exact amount added to the fund will be decided by the legislature at a later date.

According to Dr. Quentin Van Meter, a board-certified pediatric endocrinologist who testified against AB 2218 in the Assembly Health Committee, studies show children who are treated with cross-sex hormones for their gender confusion have “significant mental health issues,” that remain even after hormone therapy. Van Meter warned legislators that the state would be sued in the coming years for funding transgender affirming treatments for troubled and vulnerable children because they destroy healthy body tissue, sterilize the recipient, and cause irreversible damage

GOLF LIVES MATTER

I am a member of golf's lower 99%.
I am an indifferent golfer, and there's no way I could ever make it to the
professional level. I will never put in the practice time to be the best.

I will never have the shots, skills, or mental toughness to "make it" in the sport. I just never felt like working all that hard at it.

However, I am a part of the golfing community and, as such, feel I should be paid by the top 1% of golfers for what I do. It isn't fair that those players who have worked harder, have studied the game, have better equipment and are more skilled and dedicated should make all that BIG money.

Where's my share? I'm a Victim! The top 1% should pay for my club memberships, green fees, lessons and buy me new clubs, balls, clothes and shoes, and pay me some of their winnings. They can afford it. They are "The Rich." The whole system should be changed to accommodate people like me. I think we should get together and occupy a golf course and demand that those who are better at what they do, pay for us who generally suck. Whining should get us something - maybe we'll make the cover of Time Magazine, garnish some public sympathy.

Hell, during this election year we may even get a law or two passed by legislators who want our votes.

p.s. Don't mention this to tennis players. We thought of it first.

Latest posts

Back