Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Soooo, does that mean the people celebrating black pride month are racist? How about Puerto Rican pride day.... Their racist?

See what I did there? I actually agree with you about what you say. My point is that in these times "only white people are racist". Well my friend, I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood and was one of maybe 20 white kids in my school. Believe me when I say that racism exists amongst all races. Sad but true.
Though it nice to eliminate racism it's never going to be erased permanently. Over time things have gotten much better but I think the only way to continue making it better is to stop pointing out what color people are. Stop giving special privileges to people because of the color. Stop renaming holidays, we can have Columbus Day one week, and a week later have Indigenous Peoples Day. Celebrate one or both depending on which one tickles your fancy. Just don't stop on my holiday and call me a racist.
Renaming football teams bothers me. 20 million people like the name Braves or Chiefs and 300 people don't. Guess who wins the argument these days? 🤧 I don't recall a whole lot of Cowboys objecting. Those names aren't chosen to be demeaning, they were chosen as pride, as powerful symbols. It's complimentary.
I'd say stop greasing the squeaky wheels and let them pull off the side of the road and start a brush fire 😁
Off my rant and back to pronouns.
Is my pronoun Mr.? No, that's a noun. The world is just too confused these days. Just call me by my name and will be fine. If you don't know my name, just call out, hey you. I'm fine with that too. We need to just stop making something out of nothing and get on with our lives.

Soooo, does that mean the people celebrating black pride month are racist? How about Puerto Rican pride day.... Their racist?

See what I did there? I actually agree with you about what you say. My point is that in these times "only white people are racist". Well my friend, I grew up in a predominantly black neighborhood and was one of maybe 20 white kids in my school. Believe me when I say that racism exists amongst all races. Sad but true.
I have worked in a factory with mixed races and was in the Army. The blacks were just as racist as the white. What surprised me was how filthy-mouthed the black women were. They even embarrassed the black guys. I worked with a black guy from Jamaica who would very quickly tell you he was not an American black. He hung out with all us white guys. And one more thing about the Army, black guys from the south and ones from the north did not like each other. I have some friends who are Hispanic and they don't like black people.
Did you know that Mexicans and Central Americans don't like each other? One told me it dates back to when Mexico was Aztec and CA was Mayan and they were mortal enemies. So you find racism everywhere.

Though it nice to eliminate racism it's never going to be erased permanently. Over time things have gotten much better but I think the only way to continue making it better is to stop pointing out what color people are. Stop giving special privileges to people because of the color. Stop renaming holidays, we can have Columbus Day one week, and a week later have Indigenous Peoples Day. Celebrate one or both depending on which one tickles your fancy. Just don't stop on my holiday and call me a racist.
Renaming football teams bothers me. 20 million people like the name Braves or Chiefs and 300 people don't. Guess who wins the argument these days? 🤧 I don't recall a whole lot of Cowboys objecting. Those names aren't chosen to be demeaning, they were chosen as pride, as powerful symbols. It's complimentary.
I'd say stop greasing the squeaky wheels and let them pull off the side of the road and start a brush fire 😁
Off my rant and back to pronouns.
Is my pronoun Mr.? No, that's a noun. The world is just too confused these days. Just call me by my name and will be fine. If you don't know my name, just call out, hey you. I'm fine with that too. We need to just stop making something out of nothing and get on with our lives.
Did you know that an American Indian helped name the Redskins? The Cleveland Indians were named that because they had an Indian player in the early days. The Chiefs were actually named for mayor H. Roe Bartle who got them to come to K C. His nickname had always been the "chief".

Did you know that an American Indian helped name the Redskins? The Cleveland Indians were named that because they had an Indian player in the early days. The Chiefs were actually named for mayor H. Roe Bartle who got them to come to K C. His nickname had always been the "chief".
I think to be politically correct these days we need to change the name of CEO as a title to something else because we know what C stands for. 😁 We have the Chief navel officer, the Commander-in Chief, Chief of Police.......
Oh, ladies and gentlemen, we have a lot of work to do here to write the wrongs of our nation and our history. ...or just tell people to go suck an egg 😁

States that engaged in prolonged school closures didn’t seem to have fewer children die with COVID than those who kept schools open, a Daily Wire analysis of new federal data shows.

The District of Columbia had the highest number of children who died with coronavirus per capita (12 deaths equating to 95 deaths per million children), even though its schools were almost completely closed for the 2020-2021 school year, with its school coronavirus policies arguably the most draconian in the nation. Wyoming, which has a nearly identical population size to D.C. and whose schools remained open more than any other state, had the fewest deaths per capita (zero).
Link: https://www.dailywire.com/news/only-...uce-the-number

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age, she considered herself to be very liberal, and among other liberal ideals, was very much in favor of higher taxes to support more government programs, in other words redistribution of wealth.
She was deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch conservative, a feeling she openly expressed. Based on the lectures that she had participated in, and the occasional chat with a professor, she felt that her father had for years harbored an evil, selfish desire to keep what he thought should be his.
One day she was challenging her father on his opposition to higher taxes on the rich and the need for more government programs. The self-professed objectivity proclaimed by her professors had to be the truth and she indicated so to her father. He responded by asking how she was doing in school.
Taken aback, she answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain, insisting that she was taking a very difficult course load and was constantly studying, which left her no time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend, and didn't really have many college friends because she spent all her time studying.
Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Audrey doing?" She replied, "Audrey is barely getting by. All she takes are easy classes, she never studies and she barely has a 2.0 GPA. She is so popular on campus; college for her is a blast. She's always invited to all the parties and lots of times she doesn't even show up for classes because she's too hung over."
Her father asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct 1.0 off your GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0. That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA."
The daughter, visibly shocked by her father's suggestion, angrily fired back, "That's a crazy idea, how would that be fair! I've worked really hard for my grades! I've invested a lot of time, and a lot of hard work! Audrey has done next to nothing toward her degree. She played while I worked my tail off!"
The father slowly smiled, winked and said gently, "Welcome to the conservative side of the fence."
If you ever wondered what side of the fence you sit on, this is a great test!
If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.

The big guy is a trans., he won the beauty contest.

trans.PNG

It was a prelude to Miss America wasn't it? Beauty has some traditionally accepted standards. I would expect a Miss America to portray some standards of health and fitness....
...I mean, this is something that you would encourage for young women to aspire to.
I'll l accept the guys choice to be himself, but just like women's sports, this is wrong.
He should have enough respect for these young women, to not even try out.
If someone wants a gay, trans whatever contest, nobody's going to stop them. Just stop stirring the pot.

It was a prelude to Miss America wasn't it? Beauty has some traditionally accepted standards. I would expect a Miss America to portray some standards of health and fitness....
...I mean, this is something that you would encourage for young women to aspire to.
I'll l accept the guys choice to be himself, but just like women's sports, this is wrong.
If someone wants a gay, trans whatever contest, nobody's going to stop them. Just stop stirring the pot.
I agree

The GOOD news there is not a one of those gals are going to be jealous of that lovely "winner".

Pencil and paper in hand..............how many countries in the world can you BOTH name and place correctly on a blank map? I haven't done it yet but I intend to soon.

Supposedly there are 197 according to Google-------who knows in today's contentious environment. Is Taiwan a country? Careful!!!! Don't want to start World War III

Attachments

• printable-world-map-without-names-of-countries.png
    printable-world-map-without-names-of-countries.png
    395.4 KB · Views: 0
Pencil and paper in hand..............how many countries in the world can you BOTH name and place correctly on a blank map? I haven't done it yet but I intend to soon.

Supposedly there are 197 according to Google-------who knows in today's contentious environment. Is Taiwan a country? Careful!!!! Don't want to start World War III
Here's some better blanks

Attachments

• central-america-countries.pdf
    268.8 KB · Views: 0
  • europe-countries.pdf
    775.8 KB · Views: 0
  • oceania-countries.pdf
    509.5 KB · Views: 0
  • australia-countries.pdf
    515.5 KB · Views: 0
  • caribbean-countries.pdf
    874.3 KB · Views: 0
  • asia-countries.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Did you know that we provide foreign aid to over 100 countries? No wonder we run at a deficit. With all the people in this country with inadequate health care, we help pay for health care in UAR (Egypt).

I can't even do that with our 36 counties. 😁

Did you know that we provide foreign aid to over 100 countries? No wonder we run at a deficit. With all the people in this country with inadequate health care, we help pay for health care in UAR (Egypt).
I could name well over 100 countries when I looked at the blank maps but I only got 90 in the correct locations worldwide.

I doubt many people could name/locate more than a few of the island nations in the Caribbean and Pacific. My ignorance of Africa was pretty astounding/shameful as I only came up with 15 names and only put 7 of those in the right place. Africa has over 50 countries and they're not little, fake countries like some of the ones in Europe or those tiny islands.

Anyways, I went down this rabbit hole with maps and such when they claimed a Russian bomb hit Poland. I know just enough geography to tell you that's pretty much never going to happen by mistake. It'd be like saying I took the wrong turn downtown Los Angels and wound up in Las Vegas. It CANT happen. Had to check the Ukraine/Europe map to see how that would work. So happens I'm watching Barbarian, season 2 on Netflix and so this map got my interest:
https://i.redd.it/4tc7ee2x570a1.jpg

Latest posts

Back