Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a looong discussion with my brother last night, which is amazing because his wifey ( sorry 😞 slight disrespect
intended, even though I know better not to do that 😉 ) wants to dominate all conversations. 😡 ……Anywho, he sides with Rusty’s philosophy ( or take ) and suggested that I stop using Big words 🤔
I told him I’ll take that to heart, but no guarantee, because this is the only place I get to use them. 😁

As a side note, Philly is having trouble filling Lifeguard positions this summer, so they are teaming up with the local college system, offering credits to students for being a Lifeguard. Hopefully it works so the local kids can enjoy a healthy activity this summer.

Just curious..... are lifeguards allowed to use their cel phones while on the job?
.....if not, maybe that's the reason?
(thinking out loud) 🤔

Are you as confused as I am after reading about the definition?
"Gender confused" would cover it all. No need to micro manage and make up new words when you start each day not being sure if you should wear pants or a skirt.
Heaven forbid if someone asks my pronoun. I'm not sure my answer would please them.
Is non confused a pronoun?
https://www.oprahdaily.com/life/relationships-love/a40924072/non-binary-guide/

I know most kids, when their faces are planted into a phone, can't even walk.
It was a serious thought.
If the lifeguard didn't have a phone, he might notice a kid struggling.
If he was on his phone, he wouldn't see a kid struggling, just hear other kids screaming and freaking out.
Seconds can make a difference.

Are you as confused as I am after reading about the definition?
"Gender confused" would cover it all. No need to micro manage and make up new words when you start each day not being sure if you should wear pants or a skirt.
Heaven forbid if someone asks my pronoun. I'm not sure my answer would please them.
Is non confused a pronoun?
https://www.oprahdaily.com/life/relationships-love/a40924072/non-binary-guide/
None of that nonsense has any scientific validity. It's garbage science------------from garbage institutions.

The only way it's going to change is for those kids to have something else to do. It's obvious they don't have anything to do. I've said it before but I'll say it again. Trade schools. They need something that feeds their own ego. When you do something, make something, create or build something it makes you feel good.
These kids don't feel good even if they think they do.
Is it going to cost hundreds of millions or more .....yes.
Or, don't do anything.
Taking all the shop classes out of high school certainly did not help.

I know most kids, when their faces are planted into a phone, can't even walk.
We have a women's college here founded in 1880. The main road through town goes down through the middle of it. So the state put up a crosswalk with lights from one 1/2 of the campus to the other 1/2. Girls will be looking at their phones and not push the crosswalk light before they cross. So far, only one has been hit. I expect it to get worse.

Taking all the shop classes out of high school certainly did not help.
They removed the machine shop a couple years after I graduated, but eventually put them back in.
Our HS built a handful of homes over the years, but that program ended too. I'm not sure what shop classes they have these days. I'll have to check.

We have a women's college here founded in 1880. The main road through town goes down through the middle of it. So the state put up a crosswalk with lights from one 1/2 of the campus to the other 1/2. Girls will be looking at their phones and not push the crosswalk light before they cross. So far, only one has been hit. I expect it to get worse.
My SAT SCORE was not college material, but even if I was drunk, I would have the awareness to hit the crosswalk button and still look both ways. Maybe they should have dug out a tunnel.

My SAT SCORE was not college material, but even if I was drunk, I would have the awareness to hit the crosswalk button and still look both ways. Maybe they should have dug out a tunnel.
A tunnel was considered but the engineers said it would flood. A high metal crosswalk was considered too. But a town about 20 miles from here has one and everyone is too lazy to use it.

A tunnel was considered but the engineers said it would flood. A high metal crosswalk was considered too. But a town about 20 miles from here has one and everyone is too lazy to use it.

They put a tunnel in appx 15 years ago at Mammoth college and now the students are safe walking and surfing the internet…….. since I sobered up from the Martini, I fix this post to be more appropriate 😁

Last edited:
So we must now ask a question.
If you're going to die would you rather drown or get hit by a car? 😁

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/u-recovered-intact-partially-intact-190000314.html
If there are creatures capable of flying the universe and there probably are, they most likely would consider us something like a roadside tourist attraction. "Look at the weird stupid animals on that planet!".
Just because he was in intelligence doesn't mean he's smart or honest.
If you consider the nearest planet that might have life on it and then factor in the speed of light.
The amount of time it takes to get from there to here is thousands of years.... all in a tiny spacecraft.
With one of our fastest spacecraft, it would take 30 million years to travel to the nearest habitable planet.
.....habitable doesn't mean it even has life. We're simply taking an educated guess when using that designation.

Latest posts

Back