Does anyone know what brand of flooring this is?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam77

Hi everyone,

Can anyone identify the flooring in the pictures? I have used it in my kitchen a few years ago. It is actually pretty nice stuff. The issue i that we want to re-arrange some of the floor cabinets and will have to re-work some of the floor. Problem is the places here don't seem to sell it anymore and I don't have anything other than this one piece left - no box or receipt or anything to get a brand or model from.

It is laminate I believe, about 11.25"(286MM) X 24"(610MM), 5/16"(8MM) thick and has a blue piece of plastic in the end channel to lock the pieces in place together. The only numbers I have are what is on the back of the piece in the picture, and that it is made in Germany.

I realize this is a long shot, just thought that maybe someone knows this stuff and where to get a couple of boxes.
Thanks!

IMG_2242 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2243 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2244 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2245 - Copy.jpg

The blue plastic isn't something I've seen before. Is it rigid or flexible? Is it only on that short end and not on one of the long side also?

It is rigid. The plastic is only in that one short end, nothing on the long sides. I was looking at German Flooring companies to see if any names stood out to me and Eurostyle sounds familiar but I think that might be because I used a type of floor by Quickstyle a while ago. I should have kept a box...

It is really nice stuff. The look and texture fools some people even as they stand on it. It was cut around the cabinets unfortunately. If I recall correctly, I had the one single piece left over, and a spare box or two that I returned for the money. I really wish I would have kept them now. I think a single box would be enough to redo the area that is changing.

Hmmmm, I could actually take one piece from under the fridge, one from under the stove, two from under where the new island will go plus the one I have left over. I think five would cover the spot I will be exposing. Definitely not the way I would like to do it but as a last resort it could work....

It is really nice stuff. The look and texture fools some people even as they stand on it. It was cut around the cabinets unfortunately. If I recall correctly, I had the one single piece left over, and a spare box or two that I returned for the money. I really wish I would have kept them now. I think a single box would be enough to redo the area that is changing.

I assume you did the install?

As a installer i always tell the customer to keep a box or 2 for replacements..

Good luck with it .. let us know how you make out ..

I did, it was easy to work with and the final product looks great. I agree that I should have kept the extra instead of being cheap and returning it. Oh well, live and learn.

It is rigid. The plastic is only in that one short end, nothing on the long sides. I was looking at German Flooring companies to see if any names stood out to me and Eurostyle sounds familiar but I think that might be because I used a type of floor by Quickstyle a while ago. I should have kept a box...
How does it function? Do you drop the tiles together, then insert the plastic strip?

How does it function? Do you drop the tiles together, then insert the plastic strip?

I'm not sure of the right terminology, but it is that type where one piece connects to the next by channles/grooves. It goes in at that roughly 45 degree angle, then you slide it over to butt up against the previous piece and lay it flat. But on these ones that plastic strip (comes pre-installed in the piece) clicks and locks it into place. It can be pulled back apart if needed as I had to do a few times. Probably can't do it too often, but forgiving enough if you have to take a piece back up.

I guess somewhat unnecessary because without it the next row locks down the previous one and the last one is held down by a baseboard right?

I didn't even know that strip was there, I had just used a similar 8MM thick product for a different area in the condo that I liked and thought this was basically the same. The stuff is actually very cheap per square foot but seems to be very durable and easy to install. But I guess that is just my opinion or else the places here would still sell it, lol.

Can't tell from the image how it works, but probably keeps the joint from drifting apart sideways. The long joint spans the short joint in previous rows so they can't lift. I'm guessing the design of the plastic edge was to make shot joints easier to connect.
Wish I could help, but never seen anything like that.

Not a problem, I realise this is a long shot, but no harm in trying. I think I am going to take that piece I have left back to one of the two places I bought the stuff from and see if they have anyone in the flooring department who worked there in the last 3-5 years. Maybe they will recognise it and could help me out.

Latest posts

Back