dog urine on hardwood Bruce Flooring

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on the type of floor you have, you may be able to lightly mist a product called Urine-Off onto the floor, and wipe it away quickly to remove crystallized urine. A Urine-Off black light will let you check if you got it all. Both products are available at Carpet One and ProSource stores all over. Can you provide some more details about the finish of your floor, just so a safe determination of whether or not to use the product can be made?

It shouldn't ruin it...vinegar works a treat but I've since been told that this isn't particularly good for wooden floors! You can buy special hardwood floor polishes - apply it with a damp cloth, buff it with a dry cloth :)

Firstly please let me know the texture of the floor,if it is hardwood floor,then using two household products and a bit of elbow grease, you can avoid having to refinish or replace your flooring.Nonwithstanding they are a little complicated,you might as well look through following instuctions:
Step 1:Mix equal parts of vegetable oil and white vinegar in a spay bottle; shake to combine.
Step 2:Spray a section of your floor and rub the solution in with a cotton towel. Use a clockwise motion to apply evenly over each section.
Step 3:Shake the solution every so often to keep the mixture from separating. Spray over the next section of your floor and rub in evenly, removing any excess with your cloth.
Step 4:Buff your floor using a buffer with a screen of 100 grit.

A cup of vinegar in a sink full of very hot water. Wet micro fiber cloth and wring out all excess water. Clean the floor, this is good for cleaning your urethane finished floor at any time and the vinegar breaks up any mineral deposits in the water son as not to leave it dull.

Your floor will be fine. You can use some pet enzyme to remove all traces of the urine or feces, to discourage him from making it his new bathroom.

Is your problem solved?can i get some more info please and use some dog urine removal cleaners...and i don't think it will destroy your finish..

Latest posts

Back