Double sided tape for IVC

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Is this the right stuff?
https://www.menards.com/main/home-d...double-sided-acrylic-tape/p-1444442287275.htm
I've been doing wet set for a long time on glass back vinyls. IVC strongly recommends the releasable method, and I have a small bathroom coming up.
I tape in front of tubs and under carpet metals when using this method.
I am asking if this is the right tape, because I recall the tape for this costing a heck of a lot more. I once tried a tape for vinyl floors one that did not work well at all. It got kind of greasy and gooey after a few days in a closet seam........... and the tape did say for vinyl.

You still have any of that Boa Tape that guy sent us on another site ?
I remember, but never got any. I should probably call IVC and ask for the product number to see if it's the right stuff. Everyone around here stocks Scotch brand of double faced tape, the description for the vinyl version it doesn't say acrylic. That's what I used before, and it does not work well.

Last edited:
I used the boa tape to hold a 2" framing square at a doorway to cut a hardwood floor. Took me almost 1/2 hr to get the square off the floor .

I still have some if you need it .

That Scotch brand said for vinyl and it reacted strange with IVC. I'm not into experimenting anymore .....at least for this particular use. The Duck brand was the right thickness to not telegraph also.

Latest posts

Back