Drop and Done

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We installed this product in a commercial building on Granville street in downtown Vancouver a few years back. It was over concrete, on a 1500 sq/f surface. It was so easy and fast, I was just opening boxes and bringing planks to my installer and I could barely keep up. Cutting the planks is a breeze, you can use a knife, a miter saw or table saw, just make sure you have a new blades to get a nice edge. The planks are very flexible and will hug the surface so make sure there are no bumps on the concrete, they will show. A few times we realized a small debris had managed it's way under a tile and we could see a bump, no problem! we just lifted the tile, cleaned the floor and put back down. The results just blew our minds. There is almost no waste because the planks all have straight edges.

At first the designer was pushing for laminate but we insisted on using Drop & Done. That decision paid off big time 2 months later when a major water pipe broke in the ceiling. Water everywhere. All we had to do was lift the planks (except on the perimeter which we had glued down), let the concrete dry, and put them back down. We were heroes!

Just keep an extra box, just in case you manage to damage a plank, you can just replace it, even if it is in the middle of the room. I will never install interlocking floor again.

Cheers

Ive been installing the locking berry alloc vinyl planks pretty regularly now. Whats the benefit of this product. The one ive been using comes in commercial grade too. They lock together and if they get wet you can let them dry out and reinstall them.

To me anything laying loose is a potential tripping hazard unless it is a full width wall to wall.

I don't care if they have fiberglass in the middle, so do carpet tiles.

Latest posts

Back