Dueling fireplaces

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
So i landed this 1600 sqft job with HD laminate. Typical ranch house construction which was gutted and sorta remodeled deceased grandmas house. Has back to back fireplaces.
Dang HD lam has only five patterns. Thank god its over.

20170919_150547.jpg

20170919_150334.jpg

20170919_150239.jpg

20170919_150416.jpg

5 patterns? That's like Pergo Original from 1989 :eek: Stupid they can't come up with even 8 or 10 patterns. I like the way Wilsnart made partial repeat patterns. Still had the same knot or dark area in a lot of planks, but the knot was located on different parts of each plank.
Looks great Ernesto..... especially the undercutting of the fireplaces.

Your work looks nice. I like the look of the flooring against everything except those fireplaces. Something strikes me as odd about the coloring and style of the bricks/paint/mantel against the dark stain of the laminate.

Who knows?

Like a lock an fold but with the plastic clip in the end joint that pops in and out.

The grout on that thin painted brick is totally inset and not even with the brick. I guess to make the brick pop. Its build was 1954. Grandma's house and she passed away. The son and his wife who live in San Diego are going to use it to come see AZ Wildcat sports. So there ya go.

The laminate wouldn't be so bad if there were more than five patterns. At least they coulda made the mother sheet bigger and shifted the cutting pattern. Some manufacturers flip the sheet creating more patterns.

Anyway the homeowners love it. They have real 2 1/4 hardwood in San Diego. Even the designer and GC love it. Right...

It does have deep texture.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back