Dull Laminate

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weary1

I had several boards replaced due to damage. They were left over from 5 years ago when we originally did the floor.

The boards are dull. Can anyone recommend how I bring them up to the shine of the old ones?

Thank you.

Laminate as in engineered wood or "laminate" ?
If the latter, as I assume it is, not much but natural aging will make it look right.

.........I'm re reading. The older or leftover replacement planks look dull?
I can't help much more than say to clean everything with a laminate floor cleaner.
If cleaning doesn't "average" things out, the shine may be from use, or wear. That will just take time.

Last edited:
Sounds like someone has/ is putting a topical agent on top of the old floor like Old English or wax. The new planks have no wear so that is the original finish. I can't see how any unused planks could loose their sheen.

Floors installed 5 years ago. We kept 2 cartons in the event of an emergency, which we had. Mannington is the manufacturer. The only thing I used on the floor was Bono or Bruce. Nothing else.

They installed the new boards and I noticed the sharp contrast immediately and they mumbled something. Figured I'd get in touch with the sales person and have heard nothing from him. Also wrote to Mannington. Of course, nothing from them either.

I am more then willing to buff out the dull boards to get an even look but no one at the flooring center feels the need to contact me to guide or direct me.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to respond. Truly got the wrong end of the stick with this flooring center. Never again.

Be well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back