Election in New Zealand

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jon

In memory...
Supporting Member
Pro
We had elections here in New Zealand yesterday and I bet you guys didn't even know
Unlike all the bashing on TV every night we got for 6 months here when you guys were going to have an election recently :D

We have a funny system here. MMP National got in again
Even though National got more seats than Labour National could have trouble if NZ First who also got some seats join in with Labour National will have trouble as labour will then have more seats
This might make it a bit clearer how the system works. Its not first past the post with the most seats wins
Winston Peters, NZ First, is a crafty old buggar
Clear eh?
https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/97171105/live-nz-election-night

We had elections here in New Zealand yesterday and I bet you guys didn't even know
Unlike all the bashing on TV every night we got for 6 months here when you guys were going to have an election recently :D
Never even knew you had elections.:D
Seems like when British elections happen we get coverage...... I guess news has a hard time flowing uphill ....up-planet?

Jon, besides international politics it's a VERY few Americans who follow the state and local elections either. So if you can imagine that a Californian is not interested in their state, county or city governments it goes a long way to understanding the lack of interest in an election in New Zealand.

It's a miniscule percentage of the American electorate that could locate the nation of New Zealand on a map. I'd wager it's in the single digits...............LOW single digits.

Latest posts

Back