Engineered Tigerwood install

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love tigerwood

moser nicks grad 015.JPG

moser nicks grad 003.JPG

moser nicks grad 020.JPG

moser nicks grad 031.JPG

moser nicks grad 005.JPG

moser nicks grad 028.JPG

yea, you gotta see it in person as pictures just do not do it justice. I'm kinda like a kid in a candy store when opening the boxes, you never will see one piece that looks alike. I'm like oohing and awing. Save that one for the entry or something.

Ken said:
I guess you saw the "H's" too? Haha. You don't like my steps?

Don't know why it's called "H"? You got a low res magazine shot there, Ken. Look at Ernie's job, not a smudge to be found. The guy works neat.

yea, you gotta see it in person as pictures just do not do it justice. I'm kinda like a kid in a candy store when opening the boxes, you never will see one piece that looks alike. I'm like oohing and awing. Save that one for the entry or something.

That's what I love about doing the nicer wood work. Taking those "wild ones" and putting them right where they stand out.........that and I LOVE the smells from cutting that linger a few days while you're trimming out or whatever.

I haven't handled anything special in years.

In the second picture if you count from whatever that white thing is sticking into the room to row 8 and 10 towards the back of the window reflection the seams are in the same location just two rows apart. Its called an H because it looks like the letter H. Im obsessive compulsive, things that no one else notices make me crazy.

Did you undercut the tile? What did you use? I usually picture frame them but Im really trying to get away from that. I think it looks better when theyre undercut but Im having trouble finding the right blade for my jamb saw.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken said:
Its called an H because it looks like the letter H. Im obsessive compulsive, things that no one else notices make me crazy.

It looks more like an H H to me, though I don't find one or two objectionable. There might be a joint a little too close in the bedroom but the subfloor is the installer's canvas and I don't find one or two borderline staggers objectionable. I do find that speed bump objectionable but that's just me.

Latest posts

Back