Find My

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Can’t find something? Lucky for me it’s 2023 and there’s an app on your phone for that. My buddy called this morning and I couldn’t find my AirPods. Looked around under the bed and behind the nightstand for a few then I remembered there’s an app for that. Guess I musta left them at work. Problem is I don’t use em at work. That means I took em out of my pocket, or worse, they fell out. Work is a big place and those are some small earphones.

How about you guys with the air tag things for your tools n what not. How often do you have to use it and how accurate are they in being found.

757A16CC-03D1-4BA9-B733-7B9C3BC36177.png

I've heard of air tags, but have no idea what they look like or how you use them. They must be awfully small if you could stick them onto some earbuds.

Okay, I just googled em. I guess they're designed to help you find the case that you put your earbuds into. If the earbuds aren't in the case, then where are they?

I lost my AirPods in the yard before. They weren’t in the case so I had to find each one. It wasn’t fun but I did manage to find them using the Find My app. Spotting an individual AirPod when it’s down in the grass is tough.

So it's built into those earbuds?

Yes. The case and I believe each individual ear bud can be located. I can add other tracker items to be found as well as I can locate friends that you link up with. I can track my buddy driving down the street in real time. Is that cool or creepy? Seems like keychains and wallets are common items to tag. I lost my wallet maybe 30 years ago. What a pain that was and I didn’t even have credit cards or money back then.

Speaking of walmart, yes I know it was me speaking 😁
I stopped by there today to get some white out tape because one of the kids at the store where I do most of my drawings must have played with my other one. They pulled the ribbon out about a foot.
....ya can't wind it back in.
While there, I picked up some elcheapo dust masks.
5 for a buck. I'm hoping they don't have lead in them.
... Should I use one of my lead test kits to check the label? 😁

Attachments

• PXL_20230130_021928971.jpg
    PXL_20230130_021928971.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Neighbor dropped by my house a couple weeks ago with a large box. His job was required to throw out the 11 cases of N-95 masks they bought for the Covid panic. Evidently those things have an expiration date. Purchasing Manager didn't do the math so now it's Government Surplus saved from the dumpster. 400 to a carton. He had more but I only took just the one.

Latest posts

Back