Fix or replace?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rikb53

guys, I was starting this project and doing a "dry fit" and noticed
that the very edge has been knocked off. if you stand up you really can't see this but i'm concerned about the long run for "liquid" - "dirt" etch.
my gut tells me to squirt some polyurethane in the gap. or should I just replace the plank?
I just bought bella wood @ 6.28 sq ft but the flaws you really don't see till you fit it w/ other planks.
so should I fill it or replace it?
thanks for any help - images attached.

chip1.JPG

chip2.JPG

so far. we just randomly picked one box to do a quick dry fit. there's 27 more boxes to unpack and check. the bad thing is you can't really see it till you try to fit it.

thanks for that. I just went to Lumbar Liquidators and sent the whole job back. they wanted to charge me for 2 "open boxes and I said how would I know that it was bad w/out opening up the boxes. no glue has touched the wood. they took it all back. from chipping - to crushed, to splintered to bowed and warped - this wood was terrible. took 5 hrs to make 10 sq ft dry fit!! plus, all the horror stories I've read about BellaWood.

Latest posts

Back