Floor Inspectors Educational Guild it is for all Wood Flooring Professionals!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick

In Remembrance
Course Dates: August 15-17, 2013

Mornings' and early afternoons' classes at the Hilton Garden Inn, where we have a block of rooms reserved for us.
We have a special rate and a free all you can eat cook to order breakfast.
The hotel has a extremely good cafe in the evenings and a bar for those who imbibe.
In the afternoons we will have classes on campus at the wood departments building and laboratory.

There are many cafes within two miles from the hotel.

There is a shuttle from the airport, $5.00, to campus where we will pick you up.

Upon sign up an email will be sent with the reservation code and contact information for the hotel
Each evening the meeting room will be open for two hour presentations by manufacturers and their representative. These sessions are extra at no charge.
This one is special in the course material that was developed in a five hour meeting for us on May 20, 2013.
Learn what is true and what is false.

THE TIME IS Past Due for a class concerning our Building Envelopes Systems and Engineered Wood.

North Carolina State University's and Va.Tech's Wood Extension Departments are working together for YOU! To bring the best possible education for you, the Wood Flooring Professional.

While this is a class by the Floor Inspectors Educational Guild it is for all Wood Flooring Professionals!
Installers? Yes!
Retailers? Yes!
Inspectors? Yes!
Manufacturers? Yes!

Four PhD Wood Science professors teaching you from two world renown universities' wood science departments!
This type of advance education is only available through the Guild.

Particular to the Wood Flooring Industry is a huge divide and misunderstanding concerning the role Relative Humidity and Temperature plays in our Industry.

Definitions:

Technical

"The building envelope (or building enclosure) is the physical separator between the interior and the exterior environments of a building. It serves as the outer shell to help maintain the indoor environment (together with the mechanical conditioning systems) and facilitate its climate control. Building envelope design is a specialized area of architectural and engineering practice that draws from all areas of building science and indoor climate control."

Legal

"According to 10 CFR 434.201 [Title 10 – Energy; Chapter II -- Department of Energy; Subchapter D -- Energy Conservation; Part 434 -- Energy Code for New Federal Commercial and Multi-Family High Rise Residential Buildings; Subpart B -- Definitions], the term building envelope means “the elements of a building that enclose conditioned spaces through which thermal energy may be transferred to or from the exterior or to or from unconditioned spaces."

Technical

"Building Thermal Envelope: The basement walls, exterior walls, floor, roof, and any other building element that enclose conditioned space. This boundary also includes the boundary between conditioned space and any exempt or unconditioned space."

While we know we can't become building experts from a three-day course, we can, if we apply ourselves, achieve an understanding of how this works and affects our flooring.

There are too many misunderstandings concerning relative humidity and temperature affecting our wood flooring not to finally address this sensitive issue.

Wood flooring is affected by the outside Relative Humidity through our Building Envelopes.

There are also numerous issues with the manufacturing of engineered wood that need addressing in an open non-bias class.

Roping * Shearing * Delamination * Telegraphing * Voids * Off-gassing for examples and there are many more for us to learn.

We want to learn the truth and be able to report the truth. This is important to all of us. We have learned that most engineered wood manufacturers who are in the business for continuous and repeat sales depend upon honesty and good customer relations. We hope you join us in this class.

This class qualifies for WFCA matching funds. The tuition is $495.00 but if you are a member of the WFCA, the price is $247.50.

A deposit is required to secure you into this class.

Four professors from two universities and we are holding the price the same as the previous Wood Class.

We in the Guild believe in this adage, “ By Moving beyond Certification by Education the entire industry profits”.

As always, let me stress the Guild is registered in SC as non-profit subject to the same laws and requirements as all other non-profits. Our Executive Committee and myself do not do this for the money, but for the education.

We hope you will join us in our educational work.

To sign up, respond by email to:

[email protected]

Questions?
(864) 238 5507

Lee Tucker
Floor Educational Guild
[email protected]

Floor Educational Guild
[email protected]

I been trying to go to it since Selva started it , and NWFA was not involved .

Seems like one thing or the other conflicts with the date .

If you haven't been to one before from what i hear it's a great class .

Have Fun .

I been trying to go to it since Selva started it , and NWFA was not involved .

Seems like one thing or the other conflicts with the date .

If you haven't been to one before from what i hear it's a great class .

Have Fun .

Same here but I blocked out that date so there is no conflicts. It's one of those "you gotta go to things." Other inspection/certification venues are charging up to 2 grand for something that clearly would never even come close to what these professors are giving you.
The others like that carpet cert iirccc has some old washed up inspectors doing them. Plus, the people that host and teach them are making 10 grand off the top.

Sounds like an interesting and informative event; providing tremendous value for the right person. I'm not sure where I'm personally at in my business I can realize the full potential of that value.

It's hard to place a monetary value on education. :confused: Did I just say that? Especially one thats light years ahead of anyone elses and costs a third as much.

I think the value comes into play when you know you'll have a use for the information. For instance if you buy a drum sander but never do wood floor refinishing, the tool has no value to you.

Personally, I'm getting closer every day to actually realizing my dream of getting out of the floor business so I try to only make investments that have immediate and proven returns.

I see, at your age I would too!

I'm looking for it to be a strategic plan to get off the knees and just do inspections or maybe little of both, be more selective.

Latest posts

Back