Floor painting or other covering suggestions?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hardwood

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
blue cabin storage building.png

I have this building that will be storage in the back half, and sorta "she" shed in the front. But I've been thinking about painting the floor to make it a bit nicer. Should I get something like deck paint, or can regular wall paint work? Or is there a inexpensive (cheap) covering. I'm thinking on the "she shed" part to have a rag rug one day to go with the camp rockers and this cot I have in there. This is a long term work in progress.
1665373193640.png

Nice project. Should be fun to complete.

I’ve never painted a floor before. You gonna do some sort of cool design.😁 I’m sure a quality paint will cost you. How about just getting a can of porch and floor paint that won’t break the bank yet will work just fine in your she shed.

I think whatever you do, you shouldn't dump too much money into it. Shed floors are normally really cheap OSB. I can't see anything lasting too long on it.
I would probably go with what CJ suggested. A porch/deck paint and just recoat as necessary. Could be once a year or once a week?

Thanks fellows. I was thinking at least for the beginning to get some of that paint, then if I want to fancy it up, I'll throw on a braided rug or something like that.
(Mostly wanting to put shelves in the back for storage.)

Latest posts

Back