Floor Separating

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Buckingham Nicks album. One of the best albums ever. Before Fleetwood Mac. Bests Fleetwood Mac.
51ZBtmDanjL._SL1500_.jpg

I got the inspector's report today. I don't feel right reposting it here since I don't have his permission. He said that there was a lack of or improper use of glue applied to boards and no evidence of a polyethylene rug, as required by the manufacturer and that the only remedy for my problems is to pull up the floor and reinstall.

Send a copy to the person or company that hired the crew to install it.
Tell them they are on the hook to make it right or you will sue them.

No reply to my emails, voicemail, or certified letter to the installer. I have a small claims court date in April, to sue him. I'm sure that the installer will blame everyone in the world, except for his crew, for the separated mess that is my floor. The inspector's report says that my inspector is a CWFI NWFA and gives a number. I assume that this means "Certified wood flooring inspector, National Wood Flooring Association". Is this a credential that people in the industry take seriously, or will the installer just tell the judge that those credentials are meaningless? Thanks.

That should work, no problem! Judges are usually partial to consumers and you have proof. Make them pay for the inspection too.

Yes, I asked for a refund of his fees, the inspector fee, and court costs.

If this flooring experience hasn't been a big enough pain (with having to move my stuff downstairs, putting it back upstairs when they were done, then trying to contact him, court, etc, I have a new drama. My heat pump died about a week ago. I had a new one installed on Friday. They spent 10 hours here and couldn't get the new system to work and didn't know why. I hope that this doesn't turn into a big ordeal like the floor has.

Bummer on the heat pump. I despise heat pumps so I got a gas pack last year. Heat pumps just don't make the heat the way a gas furnace does. When it gets down in the twenties that don't perform well.

I had small claims court today. The installer didn't show up for court, so the judge awarded me the money without me having to even show the evidence I'd put together. Now the trick will be actually collecting the money.

Latest posts

Back