flooring after asbestos abatement

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRANP17

I have an abatement scheduled to have some asbestos mastic removed from my garage floor approximately 400 sq feet. I have been walking on this stuff for 5 years not knowing what it was. I was told by the abatement company that mastic will be removed and they will apply an encapsulation sealant for any residue by fiberlock technologies . I would like to give the concrete a small face lift, i was thinking of either going with some type of epoxy paint or a vinyl roll that i saw through G flooring. Before doing either is there any type of self leveling compound , like ARDEX to level of some areas and smooth out concrete ?, Any ideas from the pros ?

I have an abatement scheduled to have some asbestos mastic removed from my garage floor approximately 400 sq feet. I have been walking on this stuff for 5 years not knowing what it was. I was told by the abatement company that mastic will be removed and they will apply an encapsulation sealant for any residue by fiberlock technologies . I would like to give the concrete a small face lift, i was thinking of either going with some type of epoxy paint or a vinyl roll that i saw through G flooring. Before doing either is there any type of self leveling compound , like ARDEX to level of some areas and smooth out concrete ?, Any ideas from the pros ?
I'd contact Ardex to see what product they would recommend. Let them know the details and planned usage in your particular situation. Are you planning on parking a car in there or using it as work space.
If you plan to cover the mastic, why waste a single dime on some expensive abatement and "sealant" Their sealant might not jive with the cement leveler or coating you plan to use. Got any pictures of the space?
How much does the abatement cost?

Last edited:
I don't use it for my vehicles it's more like storage , laundry ,abatement $1,200 , wife wanted cleaned out since it's "asbestos ". I have abatement company coming this morning . Maybe I can just roll out vinyl floor cover and leave it alone after abatement done ?

IMG_6184.jpg

IMG_6183.jpg

Why not just put ceramic tile over it? There is some good thinset out there that is made to go over cutback. Needs to be wet scraped first though. No problems with wet scraping it to a thin residue.

Latest posts

Back