Flooring for Outdoor playhouse/shed

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigDaddyO

I call this a playhouse/shed but for a little more details it's 24' wide by 10' deep built on Skids with no insulation in the plywood floor. The building is divided into two sides. a 16' x 10' playhouse side which is insulated in the walls and ceiling, and a 8 x 10' shed side which is un-insulated. There is no power or heat in this building.

I'm trying to figure out what type of flooring i should put down that would meet a few requirements.
1. not be adversely effected by freezing
2. Not be too slippery when wet kid's feet go in and out.
3. be durable to hold up to lawn mowers & such being dragged in and out of the shed side
4. Can handle water sitting on it for a few days without destroying it. I'm sure there will be times when the kids will leave the window/door open during rain, or someone spills a drink on the floor and we don't see it for a few days.

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Mike

The only thing I can think if is turf and even it tends to hold water and can cause plywood to rot. I'm sure someone else will come along with other suggestions.

All I can think of is some wide rough sawn fir. Leave gaps for the water to run out.

On the children side I would go with one of the floating LVT floors. They have some new ones out that click together so no glue is use, that will help to not have a glue freezing concern.
On the shed side I would use an apoxy paint with some flex's in it.

just the other day i was at a loews wanderin around when i come across these floating rubber tiles---rubber is as nonslip as you can get and to make it even better it was the raised disk type---these had jigsaw edges that you locked together with a rubber mallet---kinda cool ---might work for u

I have done a few garage's with them and I even have it in my laundry room. I have the yellow and black, that is because I did a garage in it and that what was left and the owner said take it.
Yes it would work

Rubber is great but it will not breathe. So anything under it will rot unless vented and then even if vented if the humidity is to high.

Latest posts

Back