Flooring installer passes today at 86 years

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/21/movies/james-garner-actor-dies-at-86.html?_r=0

Mr. Garner came to acting late, and by accident. On his own after the age of 14 and a bit of a drifter, he had been working an endless series of jobs: telephone installer, oil field roughneck, chauffeur, dishwasher, janitor, lifeguard, grocery clerk, salesman and, fatefully, gas station attendant. While pumping gas in Los Angeles, he met a young man named Paul Gregory, who was working nearby as a soda jerk but wanted to be an agent.

Years later, after Mr. Garner had served in the Army during the Korean War — he was wounded in action twice, earning two Purple Hearts — he was working as a carpet layer in Los Angeles for a business run by his father. One afternoon he was driving on La Cienega Boulevard and saw a sign: Paul Gregory & Associates. Just then a car pulled out of a space in front of the building, and Mr. Garner, on a whim, pulled in. He was 25.

I got one of those............... Is that's all? comments today when the customer asked how much she owed me. She rounded my bill from $170 to $200, so James Gardner has absolutely nothing on me.
Look at it this way. Do you think Universal or MGM ever told him he was working TOO CHEAP and added another 15%? I DON'T THINK SO! :D

I got a bottle of scotch whiskey the other week as a tip. Best tip I ever got.

The Maverick, watched that many times.

Latest posts

Back