Flooring Pattern

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lykele1260

Before I start my project this Saturday I do have a question about the vinyl layout pattern. Floating floor.

When I say pattern I am talking about the areas when the planks are joined together. Sometimes I see pictures where rows 1,4,7,etc are lined up with each other. Of course, rows 2 and 3 also replicate. Other times I see kind of complete random process. Even using the repeat pattern probably wouldn't be notice when furniture in put back in place, but just thought I'd ask if there is some other system.

Thanks. Jim

I think most installers prefer a random look. If the pattern is a wood look, then a random layout better resembles what a real 3/4" nailed down wood floor looks like. If it has a stone or tile pattern, then depending on the design and length of the planks, a lined up look would be best.
Is your project a single room, or a whole house?
What's the manufacturers name and products name and pattern?

Project is Living room which leads to hallway. Both are being done and stopping where entry to bedrooms are. The random look that "most installers prefer" most have some mathematics to it to avoid putting them all too close? No?

If you go to Home Depot site you can just enter the SKU 300461630 in the search area and you will find exact flooring by Lifeproof.

Not sure if link below will work on this particular forum
http://www.homedepot.com/p/LifeProo...-ft-case-I969102L/300461630?keyword=300461630

Latest posts

Back