Flooring shear

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well thanks ken. Like I said, I really don't do much engineered flooring. But I sure am glad I bought the shear. Think it's really gonna help out. Gotta set some 18" tile on a 45 tmr. Just heard the plumber is gonna move the water heater for us in the am. Hope all have a great night & a productive day tmr. Make the...... How is that u say Ernesto "Ducats" lol

We should race. Id put a thousand down that I finish first in a plain ten by ten room, no prep. It didn't take me 37 years to find my easy button, lmao!

Don't worry elite he can't touch you with that silly skil saw of his. My money's on you.

Sent from my HTC One using Flooring Forum mobile app

Hold on a second. My bet was with Ken for a thousand. Installing a whole room would not be relevent about the speed of the tool/s but also include material quality, skill and experience. Which I am confident I would win anyways. lol But its just not possible to video a whole room install and upload it here. One cut, for a thousand Ken, don't try and woosy out. :D

This isn't a fair fight. I can't hold the camera and cut at the same time. I also can't upload a video on the app.

Oh sure, you just want more friends on your FB page. Lots of people dont do FB. lol

I'll pull out my camera and tripod tomorrow and load a jpeg

Jpeg is a picture old timer, lol. I actually keep a very low number of friends on my facebook. Only people I actually talk to. You see these people with 3000 friends and you know they don't actually know 3/4 of them. Haha.

Oh your right, meant mpeg. Lets do a 4 in wide laminate 7mm plank. I have a few boxes laying around, or 1/2 inch engineered. From a standing start position, tool handle and saw in start position, place product and cut.

I think you might win with the 1/2" eng. I haven't changed the blade in about five years, lol. Did you see the one I cut? That was 8mm with pad. I actually think it cuts 7 faster.

All kidding aside I was actually looking at that skil saw because a buddy of mine has it and I was looking for something to do rips inside without going all the way downstairs outside to cut. How do you drag it around your jobsite if it has to be connected to a shop vac for the dust to stay down?

I think you might win with the 1/2" eng. I haven't changed the blade in about five years, lol. Did you see the one I cut? That was 8mm with pad. I actually think it cuts 7 faster.

All kidding aside I was actually looking at that skil saw because a buddy of mine has it and I was looking for something to do rips inside without going all the way downstairs outside to cut. How do you drag it around your jobsite if it has to be connected to a shop vac for the dust to stay down?

You take a shop vac inside to vac jobs anyway right? The auto-switch is super velcro attached to my Dustless Technologies Vac. I dont drag it around. I place it at the end of the row/room where I make cuts right behind or in front of me.
I can see a smaller bullet tool being more efficient in smaller areas like hallways maybe, but certainly not the mega one with the long handle that has a throw of a city block. :) And thats where I'm gonna kill it, the throw on the skil saw is one tenth of any bullet tool. Just saying you already owe me a thousand. Better FEDEX it now. :D

Didn't see your video yet. That would require you to connect on FB first. Maybe post it to YouTube. You do have a Youtube account?

Last edited:
Oh just put it on my tab stubborn. Facebook it up buddy! I don't know how to work the YouTube, lol.

Well idk bout the skil, I'm sure it works great to, but I won't ever do another engineered floor without the 13" bullet. Cuts that stuff like butter, as fast as u want to go with er. Plus I can hear my tunes, no noisy vac or saw running lol

Oh just put it on my tab stubborn. Facebook it up buddy! I don't know how to work the YouTube, lol.

Sent a friend request and still have no reply so.......

EliteFloors Well idk bout the skil, I'm sure it works great to, but I won't ever do another engineered floor without the 13" bullet. Cuts that stuff like butter, as fast as u want to go with er. Plus I can hear my tunes, no noisy vac or saw running lol

Saw and vac are hooked to an auto-switch so not running all the time and it also does rips. Plus I wear an ipod with earbuds, bud. Glad you like the over priced paper cutter.

Latest posts

Back