Flooring supplies

Help Support Flooring Forum:

LinoMaster

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
Last year the binder was skipping so I had to sew a few spots by hand. I placed the needle on the arm of my tee shirt, like Dave Hunt does for quick access and guess what ?..... at the end of the day it was missing 🤨 and nowhere to be found, Until appx. 6 months later, while putting on a separate shirt, I felt something funny, it was the needle. I was lucky not to draw blood. My last Carpet sewn seam was making this Dobby Bag 😆 appx 8 years ago......Hey Barry ! Did you ever make one ?
Nope. But I still have my needles and thread and I even know where they at. 😁

highup

Professional
Pro
Nope. But I still have my needles and thread and I even know where they at. 😁
And that's the way it ought to be. 👍
Today, needles versus seam tape are synonymous with 78lp's and flash drives.
.......or pencils versus google

highup

Professional
Pro
🤔 ummm. I do still have and use S-200 sparingly for special circumstances.
Now you're pissing me off. 😁
Actually, I probably haven't installed any vinyl for months. I think I installed a tiny pantry in marmoleum about 6 months ago? I'm glad I don't do much vinyl because I hate the new stuff..... new stuff, meaning since the invention of IVC solid vinyl products..... and it's actually not solid, it's foam with a wear layer.
....on the bright side, this newer flooring can last for months and months and months.

Mark Brown

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
....on the bright side, this newer flooring can last for months and months and months.
I hate to break it to you, the IVC's last a lot better than many a mineral back I have ever worked with. My mudroom is a shining example of the pounding they can take.

Tile Tom

Professional
Pro
I have a piece of ivc just loose layed in my entry way. We beat the snot out of it, keep firewood on it etc and it still looks fine.
I don't love ivc but I would rather work with that than some stiff ass forbo or such.