Flooring supplies

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My store still brings in supplies for me, but they sure make it harder and harder to offer them my patronage.

Last time I wanted turbo groover bolts, they honestly just said to me "Can't you just order them online" so well, I did and Leo got my money instead of ProSol

It's definitely gotten a lot harder over the last few years to get supplies when you need them. There's a great northern that I sometimes order from but they've gotten real limited on what they have. When I was in Rochester there was a few independently owned supply shops but that was 10+ years ago.
Now you just have to be prepared. The chances of getting something you need on the fly is slim to none.

A tile guy was asking about a 't' molding. There was a piece of molding available to do it they needed to do. She said shipping is crazy because the place she would order the 'T' track from, would end up costing $180 because of the way it was shipped......
And we are just talking about that aluminum track that you snap a vinyl T molding into.
I'm changing my carpet installation rates to $295 per square yard. If people question me then I'm going to blame it on the supply problem and all those anchored ships down in Los Angeles.

A tile guy was asking about a 't' molding. There was a piece of molding available to do it they needed to do. She said shipping is crazy because the place she would order the 'T' track from, would end up costing $180 because of the way it was shipped......
And we are just talking about that aluminum track that you snap a vinyl T molding into.
I'm changing my carpet installation rates to $295 per square yard. If people question me then I'm going to blame it on the supply problem and all those anchored ships down in Los Angeles.
I think your on the low end for a quality carpet installation. Lol.
#carpetsucks!!

I literally know one guy that can sew a seam... He's 80 freaking years old and still in the game. Retired for a year or so and came back because he likes staying busy. He does small jobs for the shop I do work for. Amazing guy with amazing knowledge about everything in this trade. He owned a very successful shop in my town for many years until he thought he wanted to retire...

Last year the binder was skipping so I had to sew a few spots by hand. I placed the needle on the arm of my tee shirt, like Dave Hunt does for quick access and guess what ?..... at the end of the day it was missing 🤨 and nowhere to be found, Until appx. 6 months later, while putting on a separate shirt, I felt something funny, it was the needle. I was lucky not to draw blood. My last Carpet sewn seam was making this Dobby Bag 😆 appx 8 years ago......Hey Barry ! Did you ever make one ?

Attachments

• A62655B6-C277-467F-8C04-289A37A733F5.jpeg
    A62655B6-C277-467F-8C04-289A37A733F5.jpeg
    128.7 KB · Views: 79

Latest posts

Back