FLUSH STAIR NOSE MOLDING

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott S

I'm getting ready to install new bamboo flooring with a flush bullnose molding but not sure where to start. I plan to keep the floor in the same direction as current floor. How do I handle the flush bullnose if I need to cut a piece of flooring to fit at the 90 degree? Do I need to start the flooring at the 90 or do I butt the cut end into the bullnose?

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 207
Not sure I understand but, if your not going to be able to run the floor off the stair nose and it need cutting, you can use a router and spline it to the nosing. Or use a biscuit joiner with biscuits. Worst case scenerio is to run the wood pieces down a table say a few times to create a groove, then make your own spline.

Not sure I understand but, if your not going to be able to run the floor off the stair nose and it need cutting, you can use a router and spline it to the nosing. Or use a biscuit joiner with biscuits. Worst case scenerio is to run the wood pieces down a table say a few times to create a groove, then make your own spline.
Ya basically I’m anticipating having to cut the tongue off the right side of my board. So you’re saying I need to route a new tongue to tie into the nosing or via biscuit? What about a jig?

Cut or fit the board to the nose, then cut a groove into the board so you will be fitting groove to groove. Now make a custom tongue that will act as a tongue to both pieces... That's called a spline. Easier than making a tongue. Like Ern suggested, a router would work well but you'd need a wing bit.... and a router.;)
A table saw might work too using a good blade and being careful. Looks like the cut wouldn't be all that long.
I'm assuming your nose already has a groove in it?

Last edited:
Ah yes, it appears routing a grove for the spline will be the easiest option for this case especially not being a long cut. I appreciate all the help with this

Latest posts

Back