Flying

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C.J.

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Pro
I used to hate flying just as much as the next person. They squeeze you in like cattle. Getting on and off the plane sucks. You can keep your bag of 3 pretzels and I’m not paying for Wi-Fi. Checking bags sucks and you gotta pay extra for it. I think going to the dentist is more enjoyable than flying.

Lemme tell ya, I splurged for first class tickets for the wife n I for our trip and that’s just a whole different experience of flying that doesn’t suck! You’re first on and first off. They feed you, good food too. Complimentary drinks. You got room to room and can stretch your legs out. There’s ALWAYS room in the overhead bin for your carry on because you’re first on!

Best part about being in this club is there’s a lounge for members only at the airport. You actually want a layover so you can go to the lounge. Free food. Free beer n wine. Showers. Napping stations. I’d tell ya more but you might think I’m lyin. Now that I’ve seen what life is like on the other side of the curtain I can’t go back.

How about you guys? What’s your take on flying. Do you splurge or are you pissed off like everyone else.

ONCE!

F'd up buying tickets on line and showed with JULY tickets when I needed to be there in June. Cost me $500 to upgrade at the airport that day. I just showed up with the wrong tickets and either did the $500 upgrade or go home and re-book weeks later. I was flying out for a funeral. Anyways, I enjoyed the hell out of the "free" champagne, warmed towels, luxury recliners seat, HOT stewardess, awesome meals and snacks, etc.

Never could splurge like that again with a mortgage to pay down and kids to put through college. You know, I CAN afford it but it kills me to give those SOB's my hard earned money to PRETEND to be rich for a few hours. I have to get off the plane an be me again.

I flew once from San Francisco International to North Bend, Oregon "not international" airport. 50 years ago. 😱
Not scared of flying, have zero reason to do so.

We upgraded to First Class flying home from Hawaii at the ticket booth. Cost us an additional $100. If I would have paid normal price, that ticket would be worth $5000 a piece. Yep, it was a spoiling event, for sure. That was the best coffee I've ever had, and the steak was delicious. These days, it is just not worth it. I'd rather charter a personal jet if I planned on spending $20K a piece for First Class to Europe.

We are currently trying to book a flight to Italy. Since I am 6'2", I need more leg room. Regular economy seats will run $900 r/t. the legroom economy seats (called premier economy), they want $4900 r/t.

Latest posts

Back