For the mechanics

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro

10150671_10154032274210393_2066152420_n.jpg

When I was about 13, I use to hang around and watch this guy rebuild an old
Ford woodie. I'd help with anything he needed me for and enjoyed every minute. One day he was feeling mischievous and sent me to the hardware store for two chrome muffler bearings. I ran across the street and asked the guy in the store for them. He looked a bit puzzled and went down an isle till he found an empty spot and told me that they were out of them, but would order them and they would be there tomorrow. I went back across the street and told him what I found. He laughed and told me what he was up too. He got me AND the guy in the store, which made me feel a little better.:eek:

That's kind of like wireless extension cords. I had a friend in CFI that used to talk about them all the time. He said the main problem was with them they would short out when working around steel studs.
When in the Navy [naval air] we used to send the new guys over to the free bin for a can of prop wash. For the non-aviation people that is the air turbulence behind the propeller. Well anyway this one young fellar came back with a can of prop wash. I don't know where he found it but it was a wash for wooden propellers. The yolk was on us.

Daris

When I was working in my brother's pool hall, we sent a guy over to the print shop for some striped ink. We called ahead and they sent him to another place. It went on for a couple hours.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Sounds more like you been shopping at KaleCoAuto. I bought the cross drilled brake lines since I have cross drilled brake rotors. The brakes run totally cool now and the car is a lot faster in downhill turns than with the stock brake lines. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back