Framed Shag

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
At customers house. Covered hardwood floors that were installed in 42'.
20190130_095344.jpg
20190130_095338.jpg

When they made shag into a pattern it was a real bitch trying to match. I once had to have a customer who was a seamstress tell me where to cut it as it all blended together after looking at it so long. Also didn't know row cutting at that time, even if it would have one.

I learned row cutting straight pile carpet when I first discovered flooring forums. Grandpa taught me straight edging so that's what I did. It worked fine.........and the edges were straight. We just trimmed any excess material between the rows of pile with scissors where needed

Well slow yur ass down and that won't happen:D
I recall taking up 30 year old carpets that still looked great............ that is why they stopped making it. Same with vinyl floors like Solarian that lasted too long.. Those aren't made either.

That old 301 Dupont nylon was at least 30 years old when i was still taking it out.. Thing i was getting it for $2.20 a yd ..

The demise of S-200 ruined my interest in vinyls. The IVC type products and solid vinyl construction of todays vinyls lower my interest further. Not much I like about them.

I remember one cheaper shag was a Mohawk product that was called Aristomere. We installed it commercially in bars and stores. Nylon and indistructable. At the terrible price of $6.95 a sq. yd. Everybody like red, or blue and green. The store I worked for I thought the owner was going to have a heart attack when he was told they discontinued it.

Latest posts

Back