Gas prices going nuts

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked today as I passed. Circle K is $4.47 for regular unleaded. Phillips 76 is 30 cents more. At the union negotiated reimbursement rate for our travel expenses at that gas price we don't even get enough to cover GAS..........let alone TIME, Insurance (now based on mileage), upkeep and depreciation. I recall figuring we were getting less than 50 cents on the dollar reimbursement-----------no travel time directly to and from the site if you leave from home. So it was a no-brainer for me to refuse those jobs out too far for the "subsistence +++ hotel". It was costing me money to work.

Last edited:
Then because we are all lower you should buy us all a tankfull. Look at the money you would be saving.🤣
It dropped a nickel today at Mobil

Attachments

• PXL_20230525_225911742~2.jpg
    PXL_20230525_225911742~2.jpg
    170 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
The Shell and Chevron are always highest and by about 12 to 15 cents. One street over, the Fred Meyer and Mobil are the same price and cheaper. The Chevron has a small store, so they have a small advantage.

The Shell and Chevron are always highest and by about 12 to 15 cents. One street over, the Fred Meyer and Mobil are the same price and cheaper. The Chevron has a small store, so they have a small advantage.
Before we left Galveston, I saw a station with the cash price of $2.75.

Latest posts

Back