Gas Prices ..

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be happy enough if I can still get at least 3 gallons for $10.
I don't think it's gonna continue going up. There's just too much oil/gas available world wide.

I'm not gonna worry about the price. The only thing dramatic that could happen is if the government imposes more gas taxes to try to make us go electric or use public transit........... and that certainly ain't gonna happen with the current administration. :D
https://knoema.com/yxptpab/crude-oil-price-forecast-2018-2019-and-long-term-to-2030

Where is the chart where they are just sticking it to us ?
I'm not gonna worry about the price. The only thing dramatic that could happen is if the government imposes more gas taxes to try to make us go electric or use public transit........... and that certainly ain't gonna happen with the current administration. :D
https://knoema.com/yxptpab/crude-oil-price-forecast-2018-2019-and-long-term-to-2030

It's like global warming............ it's risen a little bit, but that doesn't mean the angle of the graph is going to continue at the same rate. Gas is a commodity like coffee. If the world production is set to accommodate 2 cups per person per day (not nearly enough), the price is X.. If Dr Oz, Dr Phil and the media start babbling the benefits of coffee and everyone starts drinking 4 cups per day........ the price is going to go up because there's not enough. Right now there's plenty of oil available. On holiday weekends the price always goes up. When the fuel blends change from winter to summer blends, the price always goes up. Both of those occurred plus a little 'speculation' Bad speculation doesn't mean it's gonna stay that way. I wonder how many average people with stock investments have oil companies in their portfolio. When the price drops it doesn't just hurt the oil companies.
For me, the 30 cents per gallon increase over the past 6 months, and at 10 mpg that costs me under $5 per week..... price of a good beer. :D

Last edited:
You stand by the mail box and wait .. Check is in the mail .. :D
With blueberries?
upload_2018-5-26_8-8-33.jpeg

Yup, classic supply and demand like I learned in my college Business classes.
When my father was at the FLETC Academy in Georgia, there was a butcher who sold meat that is the cut used for fajitas (the word fajita refers specifically to that cut of meat but it has since been bastardized). It was very inexpensive so my father would go in and buy it nice and cheap and then put it in burritos. As more people came in for FLETC, they started buying that meat from the butcher. Pretty soon, the butcher caught on and jacked the price way up. It didn't cost him any more to produce it, but he figured he could get away with it because demand was so high.

Dropped 2 cents to $3.17 about noon. When I came back into town about 6PM, it was back to $3.19.............. guess they were playing with us.

So the increase in pricing was due to a shortage in oil? How is that when we are leading in production and exporting 2 million barrels a day!!!

Snip:
Share https://www.desmogblog.com/2017/10/11/experts-who-sold-idea-oil-exports-proven-very-wrong-very-fast
As Bloomberg put it recently, today “crude oil gushes out of the U.S. like never before.” U.S. exports of crude oil just hit a new record: nearly two million barrels per day. And while at DeSmog we predicted that “lifting the oil export ban will result in large increases in fracking for oil in the U.S.,” most industry experts at the time were making very different claims.

Yet it seems pretty obvious to anyone who could do math. American oil consumption has been flat and is not predicted to increase. Meanwhile, China’s consumption is growing rapidly at twice the rate of just a year ago.

These days the justifications for lifting the ban look a lot more like myths — or an outright gift to the U.S. oil industry.

Latest posts

Back